Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who wants their Ricor Intiminators to work better?

Old 02-18-2014, 10:48 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by WQUON
Is it possible to buy another center post for the Harley touring 41 mm Intiminators? After completing the modifications, I broke the center post on one. Ricor doesn't answer my emails.
WQUON
Call, and keep calling, try option "1" for offroad racing shocks, if "2" motorcycle front fork division doesn't answer. The center post "barrel" is a bit delicate after thinning the web by enlarging the ports, really its even delicate before you start, but 65 in/lbs is not much tq, easy to overload that top nut and break it off.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:49 AM
WQUON
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I'll try that route when I get back stateside. I'm on assignment out of the country for my job the past 5 weeks. Been doing email only so far, but will try calling.
WQUON

Old 02-23-2014, 09:15 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Traxxion Dynamics 1.1 Kg/mm springs, + fabrik8r's modded Intiminators = BADASS!

Ride is so much improved with my heavy, heavy front end (3 amps, lowers, speakers, etc.) compared to the HD Comfort Ride setup I had (although the HD setup is good with a stock bike). Now I just have to wait for my new KW axle. Local shop ordered the Softail one, so I had to install with the stock axle.

Name:  1207938E-79DA-46C6-8684-1C784BE5889A.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  181.0 KB
Name:  4329CBF3-2CAE-4F21-9D3D-A1B7E9F1BE83.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  112.1 KB
Name:  1C46BA82-CA10-4624-AC68-9AD5932AC92F.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  96.8 KB

These need a new home:

Name:  DFE769CB-EA10-4D2F-AA23-4123ED679397.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  250.3 KB

Old 02-23-2014, 09:22 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by rwhisen
I did the switch today for my 09' Road King Classic and I settled on

RaceTech 1.0 springs

Spacers cut to 3.25"-This ended up being approximately .25" below the top of the tube when fully extended with spacers, Intiminators and springs installed.

Washers on both ends of the spacer per the RaceTech instructions

Amsoil 5 weight Shock Therapy filled to 125mm from the top of the tube-excess sucked out using Motion Pro tool. Fork oil height is critical for safe operation of your forks, don't underestimate this step!

The ride was remarkable! Compared to before the mod, the bike seems to "float" over the bumps. No harsh rebound, no excessive brake dive even though I really laid on the front brakes a couple of times and even traveled over a very rough railroad crossing. It seems to be much smoother and I am very impressed at this point. I didn't have time to go out to hit the big sweepers today but I will get there soon to check the tracking through the turns. I could probably add another .25-.33" to the spacers to reduce some sag but for now I am not going to mess with it.

Thanks for the advice and assistance fabrik8r!
Did the one year service on the forks I rebuilt last year and added .50 more to the spacers to help with some sponginess I was experiencing and to reduce the sag a tad bit more. Bike feels good, tracks straight and is happy!

Old 02-23-2014, 09:34 PM
pscyclepath
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WQUON
Is it possible to buy another center post for the Harley touring 41 mm Intiminators? After completing the modifications, I broke the center post on one. Ricor doesn't answer my emails.
WQUON

They sent me one for the same reason, said it was the most expensive part.
don't think he charged me though. Super good people.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:57 PM
Hal@Ricor
Cruiser
Default Will replace the part that was broken

I spoke with Brian, he does not recall getting an email from you and not sure how you tried to contact him.
Use
Brian@ricorshocks.com

Give him your address, bike that you ordered for in the email and he will get a new part sent out to you. Suggest you use NEED A REPLACMENT PART in the subject line so it is easy to spot.
I tried sending you a private message though this site, but not hearing back from you perhaps it did not work.
Hal
aka Harley Pops

Old 02-27-2014, 06:00 AM
WQUON
Stage IV

Hal,
Thanks for your help. Brian did follow up and is helping me. Pretty good customer service. I was really impressed with the stock performance of the Intiminators, so I tried opening the ports and reshimming them a la Fabrik8er's modifications. Got the racetech single rate springs to go with, and will be ready to go when my new RICOR IAS shocks arrive.
Sorry for the late reply. I am working overseas on assignment (I commission and start up new chemical plants for clients). But I ordered my new shocks from the RICOR website, and they should be delivered to my house in Texas when I get home next month.
Will

Last edited by WQUON; 02-27-2014 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Added details
Old 04-23-2014, 07:26 PM
Prolead1
4th Gear

Definitely want to do this mod.
Fabrik8r I just joined and managed to PM you but I now cannot send or receive PM's for 5 days.
Will be in touch,really impressed with the sound of this mod.

Old 04-26-2014, 12:27 PM
Dun Roamin
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi.

Quick and simple question ...

When installing these Ricors in a 41mm FLH fork, do you remove the bottom washer/spacer and put the springs directly on top of the Ricor unit?

I also have Race Tech springs.

Does it go ...

Fork/Dampener > Ricor unit > spring > washer > spacer > cap

Or does it go ...

Fork/Dampener > Ricor unit > washer > spring >washer > spacer > cap

Or, I suppose ...

Fork/Dampener washer > Ricor unit > spring >washer > spacer > cap

The standard OEM fork and spring came with its own washers which have a smaller inside diameter than the Race Tech ones. The Race Tech ones are narrower

I guess the Race Tech ones are better to use.

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:10 PM
Litewings
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Installing the modded Intiminators in my 13 Street Glide. I'm 170 lbs and using Racetech .95 springs. These forks have 4.25" of total travel (not compressing the top-out spring). So I'm looking to set my sag at 1.4". I'm using the Racetech and Traxxion instruction sheets to get an idea to cut the length of the spacers. Both sheets say to add 20mm to the spacer length for initial preload setting. After doing the measuring my spacer figures out to be 3.3". This just doesn't seem like nearly enough since I have read this thread and seen others ending up at 4" with the same springs and rider weight. Also, went ahead and cut two spacers at 3.3" and compressing the springs to install the fork cap is a piece of cake. way less effort than what it takes to compress the stock springs. I'm guessing my sag will be over 2" with this spacer. I realize it's trial and error but would like to get close the first time. Any recent spacer measurements from anyone with a similar year and weight setup?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who wants their Ricor Intiminators to work better?