Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno / Power Vision - a Little confusion

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 10:21 PM
jackhis
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dyno / Power Vision - a Little confusion

I am slow, so I have to ask!
I have read many threads, but my little brain couldn't take too much info in the same time. I just installed a TW6-6 cam, with SE adjustable pushrods, stock lifter, Fuelmoto power package (PCV stage 1 A/c, 3.5" Jackpot exhaust system).
I have a question:
If I buy a Power Vision tuner from Fuelmoto, does the bike still need to be Dynoed?
Of course, I will talk to Jamie later, but I'd like to hear your experience about the Power Vision.
Thanks much for any info.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

There is no rule that says you "must" have your bike tuned.

Sounds like you recently added the cams, and you already had all the rest of the stuff bolted on, including the PCV. So why do you think you need a Power Vision?

Call Jamie and get a map for your PCV that is good for your new cams when combined with your existing hardware. Bet he has one that will work well.

Ride the bike for a while and then if there are issues, call him back for refinements based on your feedback. If after you have exhausted all options, you can always find a good tuner and go that route. That's my 2 cents.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:33 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

You can dyno it, or go with the custom MAP jamie will send you and if you want to dial in more or if you feel its not quite right use the data logging feature of the Power Vision to self tune the bike. So with the PV you can tune without a dyno

Old 01-15-2012, 10:40 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lowcountry Joe

Sounds like you recently added the cams, and you already had all the rest of the stuff bolted on, including the PCV. So why do you think you need a Power Vision?

Call Jamie and get a map for your PCV that is good for your new cams when combined with your existing hardware. Bet he has one that will work well.

Ride the bike for a while and then if there are issues, call him back for refinements based on your feedback. If after you have exhausted all options, you can always find a good tuner and go that route. That's my 2 cents.
+1, this guy knows his ****....

Old 01-15-2012, 10:53 PM
jackhis
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lowcountry Joe

Originally Posted by XARAN
You can dyno it, or go with the custom MAP jamie will send you and if you want to dial in more or if you feel its not quite right use the data logging feature of the Power Vision to self tune the bike. So with the PV you can tune without a dyno
Thanks much for the info.
Jamie told me that he will send me a new map on monday, and I hope that will improve the MPG, which is the main reason that I want my bike to be tuned.
Money is tight, so I've been thinking about buying a PV for the long run vs. Dyno, which required to be done everytime I do an upgrade.

IF the PV can tune the bike to an acceptable condition, then PV is the way to go, but I have not learned enough to have a confidence in the PV yet.