Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for part number - rear speaker to 77157-06 harness

Old 01-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Suedekustom
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for part number - rear speaker to 77157-06 harness

Frustration is getting the better of me and I have searched with no luck...I have an 06 FLHX with a detachable tour pak and have added the hogtunes big ultra kit with rear speakers and pods. I already had the overlay harness for my xm so I ordered the rear speaker wire harness pn 77157-06...AND I apparently STILL need another harness to get all the way to the speakers. I sure could use some help on a part number for that one if anyone has it. Thanks

Old 01-20-2012, 07:24 PM
pswomack
Road Master
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts

It requires use of an additional harness inside the fairing, p/n 70169-06, list price $129.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:53 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Suedekustom
Frustration is getting the better of me and I have searched with no luck...I have an 06 FLHX with a detachable tour pak and have added the hogtunes big ultra kit with rear speakers and pods. I already had the overlay harness for my xm so I ordered the rear speaker wire harness pn 77157-06...AND I apparently STILL need another harness to get all the way to the speakers. I sure could use some help on a part number for that one if anyone has it. Thanks
Your issue is (probably) that the Hog Tunes kit doesn't use the same connectors that HD uses for rear speaker pods. Doesn't the Hog Tunes kit come with what's needed to connect the amp inside the fairing to the speakers in the tour pak pods? If it doesn't, give PEZ a call at HT and he'll provide whatever you need. The solution is not in HD harnesses.

The 77157-06 harness is (IIRC) the harness that would connect from the non-Ultra overlay harness (you bought to use the XM module) to an HD tour pak speaker kit--i.e. it should be long enough to reach from inside the fairing to the pods. However, because you're using HT pods and speakers, the connectors will be different at the back of the bike and at the front.

Bottom line: an HD harness won't be a plug and play solution since the HT pod speakers and amp connection won't use the HD connectors.

Carl

Old 01-21-2012, 06:31 AM
Suedekustom
6th Gear

Originally Posted by pswomack
It requires use of an additional harness inside the fairing, p/n 70169-06, list price $129.
Yes I do have that as well, it is the pod end I am missing plugs for. Thanks

Old 01-21-2012, 06:39 AM
Suedekustom
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Your issue is (probably) that the Hog Tunes kit doesn't use the same connectors that HD uses for rear speaker pods. Doesn't the Hog Tunes kit come with what's needed to connect the amp inside the fairing to the speakers in the tour pak pods? If it doesn't, give PEZ a call at HT and he'll provide whatever you need. The solution is not in HD harnesses.

The 77157-06 harness is (IIRC) the harness that would connect from the non-Ultra overlay harness (you bought to use the XM module) to an HD tour pak speaker kit--i.e. it should be long enough to reach from inside the fairing to the pods. However, because you're using HT pods and speakers, the connectors will be different at the back of the bike and at the front.

Bottom line: an HD harness won't be a plug and play solution since the HT pod speakers and amp connection won't use the HD connectors.

Carl
Carl,
you are absolutely right. I had misread the hogtunes info and thought their big ultra kit and rear pod kit was all I needed. The hogtunes set up has 2 pigtails for each speaker, one to their amp and the other into the HK radio. I am in need of a set up to complete from the HD rear harness plugs into the pods for that second set. I just had Iron Cross Audio repair my radio and Tony had mentioned they make a reasonably priced harness that I believe will do what I need. I have sent them an email in hopes that their setup will complete what I need. I have been unable to find any HD part online for this. I didn't know if I could get a factory pod plug kit, I have only seen that harness in the high dollar speaker package. Thanks