Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Model paint colours and two tones you wished the MoCo would produce ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 02:55 PM
FXR_Hamster
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HD Model paint colours and two tones you wished the MoCo would produce ?

Ok just a check to see if anyone else thinks they have a better sense of paint colour , paint combination , and model specific than the boys at the MoCo. Now before anyone gets too excited, it is impossible to make everyone happy out there and satisfy all the desires across the spectrum of public opinion, and Vivid Black is near and dear to a lot of riders out there (myself included), but anyone have some better ideas for colours out there ? I myself was hoping for Black and Orange but saw the limited Orange on Orange paint for 2012 model year. Wished the LTD was offered in a Flat or Fire Engine RED with Vivid Black two tone, but no luck. Also think that Blue and Silver or Blue and Pearl White two tone might look sweet, sort of like the old Mustang Colors with the Lemans stripe. That Chrome Yellow sure packs a punch on the Road Glide, and even the bright apple Green makes a bold statement. Yeah although we HD types are a conservative group in nature, I think the Silver(s) and the metalflake colours are classy looking on some models, but just like autos not all colours transfer well onto all models of bikes. Think the MoCo could do more paint options, and on some models even push the envelope a bit. Wonder what they have planned for 110 Anniv Colour(s) ??

Anyone else care to chime in ?

Old 01-22-2012, 05:49 AM
TheSinistral
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

midnight blurple pearl.... looks black at night but under light looks sort of bluish purple.

Old 01-22-2012, 06:05 AM
Thet
Tourer

Emerald Green.
*Drool*

Old 01-22-2012, 06:09 AM
12limited
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default loose the pin stripes.

I wish they would stop putting the pin stripes on the touring bikes. The street glide is such a classy bike without them. I am considering painting a 12 limited to get rid of the ones on my bike. If folks want pin stripes...there is plenty of guys at these events to put any stripe you want on a bike.

OR maybe a screaming eagle solid black with some small metal flake with lots of chrome. Loose the funky colors that really do not go together. IF i am gonna pay $34K for a bike...I will have to love it a bunch, not just take it cause it is all I can get.

I am sorry but some of the color combinations they come up with makes me thing they have a 3 year old finding old paint in the warehouse and combining it to but on the bikes.
Better yet...have a big selection of colors and let us order the paint colors we want like a new car. Or order one without pin stripes, but that is not possible now...I called the motor company to try that.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:09 AM
durtyburt
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Gotta agree some of the colors & two-tone combos leave alot to be desired. Maybe the denim black w gloss orange. My 05 is black cherry- black pearl, one of my favs, of course.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:14 AM
streetglide44
Road Captain

My black pearl with a silver.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:40 AM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish they would do more "light reactive" paints. Paints that change color in different lights/angles.

A metallic grey/metallic orange combo would be nice (with the orange as accents).

My favorite colors to this day are the 2010 SE Utra with the Black, Gray, and Red. That is a sexy combo!

Old 01-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Big Blue Pearl with Black Pearl 2-tone. My two favorite HD colors together.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:16 AM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

I really like that Orange and Black Streetglide CVO they put out a couple years ago. I'd like to have that in my stable but in a limited next go around if there is one.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:54 AM
GotHog?
Intermediate

Just a thought on the always classis Vivid Black. How about a heavy metal flake base with a top coat of Vivid Black?

Quick Reply: HD Model paint colours and two tones you wished the MoCo would produce ?