Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth and Harley CB?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 08:02 AM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Bluetooth and Harley CB?

I am looking for something that the wife and I can comunicate withon the bike. She rides a Tri Glide trike and I am on my Limited. Both have the CB option. Have heard great things about the Scala Rider and that type of BlueTooth device. But that, I do not believe works with the CB. That seems like a great bike to bike deal, but now to throw in another wrench. When we ride with our local HOG group they all use the CB's. Should I just look at upgrading the Harley headsets? Bought the trike used and did not get a headset. I ride mostly with a half helmet so the one that came with the Ultra Limited is not much use. Anyone with some Experience here? Going to the Motorcycle shoe at the Cleveland IX Center next weekend and will be talking to J&M to see what they have to offer.
Thanks
Jeff

Old 01-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

I'm headset poor, tried most of them....
Anyway, for half helmet or no helmet try this....
http://imcmoto.com/harley-davidson-u...-headsets.html

Does the wife use a 3/4 ? If so she could use your headset that came with your UC...

I haven't tried the Scala, but I have not heard good things about them....if you both have cb radios that would be the best....plus you can communicate with other riders with cb's...can't do that with the scala's.....only with other Scala,s riders and I don't know how many....

I have the J&M headsets, they are nice and I like them over the HD headsets....

Old 01-22-2012, 10:43 AM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks Casper,
Thats the kind of info I am looking for. I am leaning toward some kind of headset to work with the Harley CB. That way we can go bike to bike and then when we are with our HOG group we can also hear them. Not looking for any thing with super music capability, just "I got to go" "I need gas" check out that scenery over there on the right type thing. Tough to check things out when you only have one headset. LOL
We each have a full face and a half helmet. I pretty much just use the full face in cold weather. I am thinking about that one on the left of the link you posted. Can you tell me how that works with glasses? Any comfort issues with goth going over the ears?

Old 01-22-2012, 11:41 AM
Egras2k
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The CB is great for bike to bike if you ask me. I put a station in the memory that the wife and I can switch to if the need arises.

Far as the headset that comes with the Limited in respect to a half helmet. I had vecro sewn in the chinstrap just below the helmet for the earpieces and clip the mic into the helmet. Works better than the half helmet headset, saved me some cash and is easily put on/taken off in less than a minute.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the scalal rider and love it, works great communicating with wife and my dad has one so we can talk also if I am riding somewhere with him. I really like the bluetooth option for my phone. With my job I am on call 24/7 and when riding I can take phone calls. However I have the same issue, as much as I like it and has many uses, it will not work with the HD CB. I am not using the CB right now due to this.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Nute
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I use the HD handset microphone. Doesn't matter what helmet you wear as the sound comes out the speakers. You can talk with all the riders in the group.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US