Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 Electra Glide

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 11:44 AM
PktChg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Electra Glide

I'm considering an Electra Glide I found online. It is listed as an FLHTC but I'm not sure. What is the difference between the FLHTC and an FLHTCI?? It has the upgraded chrome wheels and chrome lower forks if this helps.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:50 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 393 Likes on 335 Posts

Harley "alphabet soup".

"I" means fuel injection

FLHT is the big touring bike with the "batwing fairing"- this is the standard model with silver motor and lacks radio or rear top box ( "Tour Pak")

FLHTC is the ElectraGlide classic, which has the tour pak, radio, black motor with chrome accents

FLHTCU- is the EG Ultra, add CB radio, cruise control, rear speakers and fairing lowers ( and the Ultra for that year would have fuel injection so add an "I" to it)

Touring series bikes of the same year will share frame, drivetrain etc. the difference is in the quantity of fiberglass hanging off them- the Road King ( FLHR) is essentially the same bike just no fairing

By 2002 the EFI was getting better but the big leap wasn't until 2007, a carbed bike would be a good choice for ease of tuning, and repairs ( The pre 2002 EFI system was a mess)

if you do a google search for harley alphabet soup, you'll find the decoder ring

Mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 01-23-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:50 AM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by PktChg
I'm considering an Electra Glide I found online. It is listed as an FLHTC but I'm not sure. What is the difference between the FLHTC and an FLHTCI?? It has the upgraded chrome wheels and chrome lower forks if this helps.

I = fuel injected

Old 01-23-2012, 11:56 AM
FXR_Hamster
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Certain years the MoCo offered certain models with both options for fuel delivery , carb or injection. I am not an expert on injection systems but according to some of the others on the forum there are some years which are better than others, related to type (manufacturer) of injection. You want to search the model you are interested in both here in the previous threads, or start a new one , as well as on line and see what it comes up with, again I am no expert and tough to keep track of all years/models/options, but there is some info out there. Cheers and good luck.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:14 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

All 2002 bikes with fuel injection have Delphi fuel injection. Quite a big improvement over the Magnetti Marrelli Hd used prior to 02".

Old 01-23-2012, 05:00 PM
hdnvn
Tourer

I have the 02 Electraglide classic. Bought it for 10,500.00 with 17000 miles onit. It looks brand new. Awesome bike, have not had a problem with it in 13000 miles, what I put on it in the first year. It's fuel injected, had it tuned and dynoed shortly after I bought it, former owner had never retuned after putting pipes and an air filter on it. When they pulled it out of the shop I almost strained my neck trying to figure out if it was my bike they were pulling out...sounded so much tighter, faster and more powerful. Love it, got it lowered and pulled the tour pack off it, put a streetglide seat on it and have the saddlebag speaker lids with two amps installed. Lovin it every day man...

Old 01-23-2012, 10:44 PM
chinookman
Cruiser

I have a 2002 FLHT. Same bike you are looking at just not the classic. I put a tour pack and speakers with an amp in it though. I like having the carb and not fuel injection. I am in the process on 10" Yaffe classic apes. I paid 8800. It has 27000 miles, custom paint, extended bags, and a V&H pro pipe. Just something to compare to the one you are looking at.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:02 AM
FL-kruzen
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I have an 2001 FLHTC $8800 with 27,000 miles. Sweet bike and it's carbed

Old 01-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 87 Posts

If that 2002 is in good shape it's the best bagger Harley ever built! It's got the last good low end Harley ever built and has the upgraded swingarm. Now these guys will tell you that you need the new frame, which was modified to fit a theewheeler rear section, and to get the 180m.m. tire. Some even believe that the electronic throttle is an upgrade. It ain't. Just make sure it has an upgraded cam drive system and you will ride happily and with less trouble than if you were to buy a '12 model.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:40 AM
PktChg
Tourer

I do know it has the updated/upgraded cam and bearings. Hopefully get word today to come get it.....!!

Quick Reply: 2002 Electra Glide