Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harbor Freight lift table conversion to air

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 06:35 AM
Gitarded
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Bumping this old thread. I have read through this again. It seems that anyone that has ever figured out how to convert the manual HF motorcycle lift to air/hydraulics disappears from the planet before they can share their story of success. Truly this is technology that the government does not want the citizens to possess.

If anyone has figured this out and is willing to share their story, we can start another thread to throw the Feds off the trail. We can call it "Project X"

The following users liked this post:
2goldens (05-10-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 03:01 PM
2goldens
HDF Community Team
Received 302 Likes on 206 Posts

Avijit from Titan came back this morning with his usual fast reply to any questions. It seems that the jack base I've been waiting for is in the port of Los Angeles, waiting to make it's way to Chicago. From there it will ship to me.
I promise to get some pics of the build when the jack base arrives some day. So a word to anyone going the route that I did. Order well in advance. The air/hydraulic jack and foot control will arrive in a timely manner because they can be found here in the US. The base to attach the jack to the HF lift table is another story. I've been just a shade over 4 months and still waiting.

Last edited by 2goldens; 05-10-2016 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:17 PM
Gitarded
Road Master

Originally Posted by 2goldens
Avijit from Titan came back this morning with his usual fast reply to any questions. It seems that the jack base I've been waiting for is in the port of Los Angeles, waiting to make it's way to Chicago. From there it will ship to me.
I promise to get some pics of the build when the jack base arrives some day. So a word to anyone going the route that I did. Order well in advance. The air/hydraulic jack and foot control will arrive in a timely manner because they can be found here in the US. The base to attach the jack to the HF lift table is another story. I've been just a shade over 4 months and still waiting.
Thanks for the update. Which other parts did you end up getting? Do you think it would be possible to make a base? I sent an email to Redline Engineering and they only told me that they did not know if their pump would work on a HF lift (I find that hard to believe after all this time) and they know nothing about a base. He also told me to make sure the pump will work before I order it because it is not returnable. Bottomline not helpful at all. If someone made a retrofit kit I think they could make some money...did you hear that DK?

Old 05-10-2016, 11:00 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Avijit from Titan came back this morning with his usual fast reply to any questions. It seems that the jack base I've been waiting for is in the port of Los Angeles, waiting to make it's way to Chicago. From there it will ship to me. I promise to get some pics of the build when the jack base arrives some day. So a word to anyone going the route that I did. Order well in advance. The air/hydraulic jack and foot control will arrive in a timely manner because they can be found here in the US. The base to attach the jack to the HF lift table is another story. I've been just a shade over 4 months and still waiting.
Maybe you could take some measurements of the base so that one could be made. Couldn't be that hard to do with the specs.

Old 05-11-2016, 04:55 AM
2goldens
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by Gitarded
Thanks for the update. Which other parts did you end up getting? Do you think it would be possible to make a base? I sent an email to Redline Engineering and they only told me that they did not know if their pump would work on a HF lift (I find that hard to believe after all this time) and they know nothing about a base. He also told me to make sure the pump will work before I order it because it is not returnable. Bottomline not helpful at all. If someone made a retrofit kit I think they could make some money...did you hear that DK?
Somewhere, I can't remember if it's in this thread or a similar one I thought I posted the part numbers. It's been so long that I don't remember. But the air/hydraulic jack and foot pump did come from Redline.

Originally Posted by SBates08
Maybe you could take some measurements of the base so that one could be made. Couldn't be that hard to do with the specs.
I believe that the base is cast. But I'm sure that someone with the right fabrication tools, welder, etc. could come up with one. I'm not that guy. Will try to get some measurement photos when it gets here. It's supposed to have arrived in a container ship in LA on 5/5. Titan placed a backorder status on it so that as soon as it arrives with them, they'll turn it right out to ship to me.

Old 05-11-2016, 05:08 AM
2goldens
HDF Community Team

Searching back through all of the old posts, here's the jack information: http://www.redlinestands.com/catalog...ic-pump-p-1151
Here's the pedal: http://www.redlinestands.com/catalog...t-pedal-p-1435

Old 05-11-2016, 07:55 AM
Gitarded
Road Master

Thanks... does it look like it will bolt right in when the base comes? As I mentioned Redline was not very helpful to me.

How are things in the real upstate NY?

Old 05-13-2016, 05:45 AM
2goldens
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by Gitarded
Thanks... does it look like it will bolt right in when the base comes? As I mentioned Redline was not very helpful to me.

How are things in the real upstate NY?
Holding the jack in place by hand on the HF table, it really appears to me that it should be a bolt in job when the base arrives. Avijit Verma at Titan Lifts has been helpful and always responds quickly. But the base is not a part that they stock, so their hands have been tied by having to wait for it to ship from China. Apparently this is not a part that breaks very often or ever on their lifts, so no real need to stock it. You may want to contact them and see if they could sell you the parts that Redline has.
Things unpredictable as usual here near the Canada border. Record high temp of 81 yesterday, frost predicted this weekend. Did manage to ride to one of the local bike nights last night. Nice to finally be able to ride in a T shirt someplace other than on Florida vacation.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:40 AM
2goldens
HDF Community Team

Yet another delay. After yet another inquiry, Titan informed me that China did not ship the part on the container ship that they originally specified. It's on another ship enroute. Now I'm probably looking at July.
But I can't really get mad at Titan. They aren't dodging me. Every single time I email them, Avijit emails or telephones me back almost immediately. Apparently Titan wasn't too happy about the last delay because there were other parts in the shipment that they need themselves.
The lesson here: if you're considering a lift table, spend the money now on an air operated model. Do not try to cheap out with a HF table and then convert later. No money is saved in the end and to do it correctly there are endless delays in getting a proper jack base.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:25 AM
2goldens
HDF Community Team

The lesson here: if you're considering a lift table, spend the money now on an air operated model. Do not try to cheap out with a HF table and then convert later. No money is saved in the end and to do it correctly there are endless delays in getting a proper jack base.
Heed the above advice. Jack base arrived unexpectedly yesterday. Installed everything into the HF table today. The good news: The table lifts. The bad news: apparently there is approximately 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches difference in length between where the base pins to the table and the end of the hydraulic ram. The new unit is longer. The result being that the lowest the table will lower is 17 1/2 inches from the floor.
The only alternative that I see is to go to a welding/fabrication shop and have them shorten the triangular piece that the ram sets into (last photo). First shot is the original pump with steel jacket removed. Second is the new pump/pneumatic unit. Third is the unit installed to the table with the long awaited pump base. Too bad, the base lined up perfectly and pinned to the table without issue.
I know that a few guys have been waiting to see how this turned out because they were considering a similar project. This has been nothing but a pain in the *** from start to (not quite) finish. But all of these other threads seem to dead end with no conclusion, so I thought I'd post my somewhat limited progress.
If someone has successfully made this conversion, I'd sure love to know how to complete it.

Attached Thumbnails Harbor Freight lift table conversion to air-img_0252.jpg   Harbor Freight lift table conversion to air-img_0253.jpg   Harbor Freight lift table conversion to air-img_0274.jpg  

Last edited by 2goldens; 07-13-2016 at 10:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Harbor Freight lift table conversion to air