Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Rear Fascia for Street Glide Installed

Old 02-07-2012, 11:10 AM
mnragman
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear fascia

interested in buying 1 of them rear fascia where and howe i go about doing this ?

[uote=bkingjr;9338735]I could not find a rear fender or rear fascia for my Street Glide that matched up with the exhaust & saddle bags just right. Being a perfectionist, I was never happy with the look of the stock rear fascia. After adding 4" extended bags, I had to find something to complete the look.

I had this rear fascia fabricated out of 16 gauge. It is 3" longer than the stock rear fascia and slightly wider on the sides. The 3" longer piece I believe compliments the look of the extended bags. I researched this and found this to be the ideal extended length without rubbing while going up steep hills or over speed bumps. My goal was to have it match up with the contours of the pipes and bags perfectly, while filling the side gaps and providing a lowered look.

I like the fact that this bolts on & can be done easily by anyone at home. Plus, it's small enough that the cost to have it painted professionally is minimal.

I plan on marketing these(if there is interest) because I believe this meets an unmet need for these bikes. Will fit Street Glides and Road Glides, PLUS - I can make them work for your application - Fit exhaust contours, no left side cut-out, with or without tri-bar run/brake light, longer etc...

I have discovered the exhaust angles on these bikes are slightly different. In order to have both pipes centered perfectly, I made the hole slightly bigger on the right side exhaust mount and moved it out approximately 1/4". After talking with several shops, mechanics and fabricators, I discovered this holds true with all touring models.

Pictured are: My bike w/ new rear fascia, template of rear fascia without slots for tri-bar run/brake, and side view of template showing how it bolts on to factory bolts on rear fender.

Any interest? What do you think?

Thanks - BKINGJR[/size][/size][/quote]

Old 02-07-2012, 11:11 AM
mnragman
Stage III

im interested in getting a rear fascia where and how can i get 1 ?

Old 02-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Harley now has the whole kit out. $840.00 through a online parts discounter. Part # 59500105BEO
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 02-09-2012, 02:52 PM
bgdv1
Road Master
Received 223 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by 131tman
CVO fender with FLHX tri-lite
were did you get the cvo facia w/tri bar ? is that straight over the counter from a HD dealer ?

Old 02-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

/\ That picture looks like a photoshop job.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:38 PM
off
Stage III

what's the latest? Are you making these to sell? Could you make one that would accept 2 tri-bar lights?

Old 07-09-2012, 02:19 PM
nicocabrera
Stage III

Thats excactly the product i've been looking for. I'm not seeing any companies offering this piece with the running light. hook me up dude

Old 09-22-2012, 10:47 AM
Ignitor
6th Gear

Originally Posted by bkingjr
Thanks Fatboy Brian!

I really like the CVO set-up and was going to go that route until I noticed that the facia doesn't meet the bag perfectly even on the CVO.

Our plan is to provide a custom made fascia that bolts on for $400 max including shipping. We are also looking at a set-up that will look good with most any exhaust that would be $350 max. Metal cost and the time are being considered along with shipping.
We can adjust the contours for your application, taking into consideration your pipe size 3 1/2" or 4" and your desired depth(although I don't recommend anything beyond 3" or 5 3/4" total - stock fascia is 2 3/4" total), plus this will eliminate the antenna holes. You could even send a template if you'd like so the bag contour would be matched exactly. Once you receive it - take it to a shop for prep and paint, then bolt it on! We want to make these affordable, however there is a lot of time spent on these by the fabricator. Especially with the precise cut-outs for the tri-bar light.

Once we determine if there is a need for these (based on 50 orders, we will have a website & be able to accept credit cards, paypal, etc...
Would like to know of u are currently selling these, and where's the website. Interested In buying a few

Last edited by Ignitor; 09-22-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Ignitor
6th Gear

What would I do with my current antenna, I have a 2010 road glide, any suggestions

Old 06-06-2013, 07:52 PM
jtaylo59
Stage I
Default dude ill take one just like yours same exact specs

dude ill take one just like yours same exact specs and everything-here is my email-
jonathane86@yahoo.com
jtaylo59.jt@gmail.com
let me know what you charge and get the ball rollings, love the way you did yours.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom Rear Fascia for Street Glide Installed