Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS Banjo bolt

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Cme2c
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Banjo bolt

Does anyone know the size (10 or 12mm?) of the banjo bolt on the ABS module of a 2011 RKC? Also need thread pitch as I am going to try to use a banjo bolt with a bleeder nipple on it when I change out my front upper line. Hopefully that will make for less spillage & maybe avoid a trip to the dealer to run a computerized bleed on the module.

Old 11-24-2014, 01:30 PM
ExtremeBaggers
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cme2c
Does anyone know the size (10 or 12mm?) of the banjo bolt on the ABS module of a 2011 RKC? Also need thread pitch as I am going to try to use a banjo bolt with a bleeder nipple on it when I change out my front upper line. Hopefully that will make for less spillage & maybe avoid a trip to the dealer to run a computerized bleed on the module.
Yes Anyone know?

Old 11-24-2014, 02:44 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Cme2c
This doesn't answer your question but bleeding the module is really easy and no trip to the dealer is required. I just put speed bleeders on the calipers and bleed as normal. As long as you don't cycle the ignition while there is air in the system, you won't have an issue. I have done a ton of bikes this way and have never been to the dealer...

Old 11-24-2014, 02:45 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
This doesn't answer your question but bleeding the module is really easy and no trip to the dealer is required. I just put speed bleeders on the calipers and bleed as normal. As long as you don't cycle the ignition while there is air in the system, you won't have an issue. I have done a ton of bikes this way and have never been to the dealer...
Crap...thread necromancy...Got lured in again...

Old 11-24-2014, 03:31 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,720 Likes on 1,546 Posts

Go to cyclegear or somewhere and purchase a syringe.
Use the syringe to push new brake fluid into a caliper and UP your new line into the Master Cylinder.
No air passes the ABS module... No need for speed bleeders/banjo bolts.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:43 AM
ExtremeBaggers
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
Go to cyclegear or somewhere and purchase a syringe.
Use the syringe to push new brake fluid into a caliper and UP your new line into the Master Cylinder.
No air passes the ABS module... No need for speed bleeders/banjo bolts.
The lower brake line that I'm changing to single side caliper goes from the ABS BLOCK to the caliper. It does not go to the master cylinder.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:36 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by ExtremeBaggers
The lower brake line that I'm changing to single side caliper goes from the ABS BLOCK to the caliper. It does not go to the master cylinder.
What he said still applies if you can get the syringe on the bleeder without air in it or the line. You can also do what I said and bleed normally. It will be fine. Just don't operate the ignition until the system is completely bleed out. If you do, you will be headed to the dealer...