Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New for Road King: Independent control of passing lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 03:12 PM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,494 Likes on 637 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeBel
Help Please. I bought the HD kit and it's terrible. Going to return.

I've seen the wiring diagram we have on the forum. My question is, since I have a RKC with no fender light, can I simply use the fender light's orange/white power wire and splice it into the yellow power wire coming out of the headlight plug? This sounds like it'll work but I'm no electrician.

Thanks for the help!
OK, patience is not my strong suite sometimes. Sorry but I got irritated and confused on the crappy HD instructions. I did end up using the un-used orange/white power wire for the fender light (un-used on the RKC). I clipped the connector off of the o/w power wire. Then clipped off the yellow power wire about 3 inches down from the pin in the white connector that is attached to the passing lamps switch. I soldered the o/w to the yellow wire (with the pin connector attached) to supply constant power. I capped off the cut yellow power wire and taped everything back up. Works great and passing lamp switch still controls the on/off. Very easy to do once I figured out what to do.

Last edited by MikeBel; 08-18-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:03 PM
LRIII
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aux installed backwards

I believe mine is installed backwards also, seeing as though i recently had some work done. Before my passing lights would switch on and off with switch. Now they wont turn on at all. Stuck on which wires or plugs ar backwards?? Anyone?