Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More winter projects

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 03:56 PM
modes
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Default More winter projects

Sun is out and the weather has been abnormally nice this winter. Roads are still gray with salt stains so what else to do but hang in the garage and do some mods. My bike is getting painted right now so I finally made the tour pack bracket i needed to clear my police bags and utilize the sissy bar docking hardware. As seen in my signature the lights in my saddle bags are Radiantz Puckz. I have decided that I wanted them to blend in a little more with the bags so I scuffed the chrome up and painted the bezels black. I also sourced some dark smoke lenses for them instead of the red lenses that they came with. With the new tour pack I wanted to have similar lights in it. I ordered 4 more Puckz just in a smaller size than the ones in my bags. So this weekend I got the Puckz installed in the tour pack. Useless thread without pictures, so here we go...

Here i just finished cutting the holes and peeled off the layout tape. I didn't take any shots of measuring for the hole layout. I used a hole saw as close to the inner diameter of the bucket as I had. For the bolt holes I took the hole saw bit and stuck it into the bucket making a jig. I then put the hole saw bit into the light hole and ran a drill bit through the bolt holes in the bucket placing them in proper location on the tour pack. Throughout the pictures you can see the tour pack bracket I made.

These two shots show the buckets with bolts in place. I had to cut the bolts down about 1cm so they did not bottom out in the bezels.

Here are the new dark smoke lenses and painted black bezels installed

Here are the lights on for running brightness

And a final shot of brake and turn brightness

Still real bright with the dark lenses, but will look much better when parked. Thanks for looking.

Adam

Last edited by modes; 02-12-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:01 PM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very, Very, nice. Great mod and be sure to post some pics when the scooter is all back together..

Old 02-12-2012, 04:05 PM
modes
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by HotRoc54
Very, Very, nice. Great mod and be sure to post some pics when the scooter is all back together..
Thanks! Will do.

Adam

Old 02-12-2012, 04:05 PM
reefrider
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Great Job! Additional lighting wo the HD lens on back or the tour pac.
RR