Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where did you mount your Scorpio Alarm?

Old 02-15-2012, 08:10 AM
jacknthebox
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Where did you mount your Scorpio Alarm?

I've got a 2000 RKC and I am going to buy a scorpio i900 and am wondering where you found a place to mount the unit and where did you mount the antenna?

Old 02-15-2012, 09:26 AM
cubalz
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

Just curious why you are going with the scorpio instead of the stock plug and play HD one?

Old 02-15-2012, 09:57 AM
jacknthebox
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cubalz
Just curious why you are going with the scorpio instead of the stock plug and play HD one?
Believe it or not but HD does not make a security for the year 2000 RKC....crazy I know. Unless you had any luck finding one from HD?

Old 02-15-2012, 10:09 AM
cubalz
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jacknthebox
Believe it or not but HD does not make a security for the year 2000 RKC....crazy I know. Unless you had any luck finding one from HD?
Sure they do. I just bought one for my '00 RKC 2 weeks ago on e-bay. Look for 68200-00C security system and 68314-01 Installation wiring kit. Going to cost you over $200.00 in parts but fits like a glove.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:12 AM
cubalz
Road Captain

Those two parts ARE MADE to fit the 2000 RKC. No guesswork. That is worth the cost to me.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:49 AM
jacknthebox
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cubalz
Those two parts ARE MADE to fit the 2000 RKC. No guesswork. That is worth the cost to me.
Wow thanks! I was told by the dealer this option wasn't available. I am going to research this product a little more to compare the features but I do like that it is specifically made for my bike by HD.

Questions: So, this is an ignition disable and not a relay interruptor (in other words can't be push started)? did you get 2 FOBs with the unit? Is this the unit that you can create some kind of code to disarm the system if you lose the FOB? Lastly, do you have the Smart Siren II?

Thanks again!

Old 02-15-2012, 02:38 PM
trip59
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Had trouble finding one for my 98, eBay to the rescue! Got a NOS module and install kit for $100 from an HD dealer. Most won't have it in stock, they quit making the older ones I believe (dealer told me they couldn't get me one).

Kills the power from the start/run switch, so yes, it's dead, no push starting. Came with one fob, but I'm buying the Smart siren II and a pager, so I'll have that and then the original as a backup. You can program a disable code through the turn signals as well.

The kits are nicely designed, pretty easy to install if you're confident enough to plug/unplug some harness ends and remove your battery and gas tank (newer ones may not require that)

Old 02-15-2012, 04:02 PM
jacknthebox
Road Captain

Originally Posted by trip59
Had trouble finding one for my 98, eBay to the rescue! Got a NOS module and install kit for $100 from an HD dealer. Most won't have it in stock, they quit making the older ones I believe (dealer told me they couldn't get me one).

Kills the power from the start/run switch, so yes, it's dead, no push starting. Came with one fob, but I'm buying the Smart siren II and a pager, so I'll have that and then the original as a backup. You can program a disable code through the turn signals as well.

The kits are nicely designed, pretty easy to install if you're confident enough to plug/unplug some harness ends and remove your battery and gas tank (newer ones may not require that)
Thanks Trip for for answering all of my questions. I read somewhere also about something I agree with and that is if on the road and something goes wrong with the HD security you can always find a dealer to get things worked out. I like the idea of having the code to disable if necessary - something the scorpio does not have as far as I know.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:26 PM
trip59
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sure thing! Not sure if it's exactly the same hookup, I think it may have been 97-99 or 01 FLH and 97-03 Dyna or something like that paperwork is in my garage, not where I'm at.

I pulled my EFI off, and one thing I noted was that the circuit I used to power the coil routed through the TSSM (from the the run switch). This means, even with points and a carb, I have all the same functionality as the original design. I mentioned elsewhere, but I plan to wire in a switch to silence the SSII, I mainly just want it for the pager functionality, not the 'being a noisy PITA' functionality.