Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

love jug cooling fan?

Old 03-28-2014, 06:49 AM
fwb35
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree, I looked at everything out there and went with Wards fans, Love Jugs were to big and ugly looking on the side a bike.

Old 01-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Bret Smith
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have had the newest model ( Cooler Masters) for about 6 months. Got the Vibration Master kit as well. After only 3K miles the fans have started to rattle so bad I can hear them over the pipes. They look good and they do cool the exterior of the heads but make 0 difference in the oil temp. I will be removing them and sending them back. Dont care if they refund any money or not. In addition, all that hot air goes right on your leg. Cant even use them 2up, roasts the passenger. Tried to contact them and got no response. And I was polite in my inquiry to them as well. TOTAL JUNK

Last edited by Bret Smith; 01-08-2016 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:41 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 136 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Bret Smith
Have had the newest model ( Cooler Masters) for about 6 months. Got the Vibration Master kit as well. After only 3K miles the fans have started to rattle so bad I can hear them over the pipes. They look good and they do cool the exterior of the heads but make 0 difference in the oil temp. I will be removing them and sending them back. Dont care if they refund any money or not. In addition, all that hot air goes right on your leg. Cant even use them 2up, roasts the passenger. Tried to contact them and got no response. And I was polite in my inquiry to them as well. TOTAL JUNK
=================

FYI,i installed wards cooling fans & an ultra cool oil cooler that has dual therm cont cooling fans that working collectively together as a cooling team reduced oil temp 50+ on my stock 09 flhtcu's 96" motor on hot summer days.

Reducing the oil temp 50+ deg on hot summer days improved the overall ride comfort a bit on hot days along with also mult improvements in engine perf too that i wont get into here.

But so far that was best $$$$ i spent on the bike that gave multiple improvements in perf 7 rider comfort right off the bat.

Have had those 2 cooling mods on the bike for 8,500 miles with no issues thus far.

Scott

Last edited by wscott; 01-08-2016 at 08:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Sparkybob477 (11-03-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 10:31 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

I've only seen 2 negative reports on the Love Juggs.....not counting those that think they are too big. I'm only interested in how they work. Do they cool down the motor??

Old 04-27-2016, 10:31 AM
Love Jugs
Former Sponsor
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey Gary,

Short answer is that they cool down your engine, and your oil as well, like nothing else in the world. You can visit our web site and see what the experts are saying after carefully testing Love Jugs. Haters aside, most people feel that they look great as well.

I am a principle of Love Jugs. I will be happy to speak with you on the phone and answer all of your questions. Just call me at 561-499-0974 before 4:30 today and I will take whatever time you need.

At Your Service,

Steve West, CEO Hammerhead Engineering/Love Jugs

Old 04-27-2016, 10:58 AM
ssgunny
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I have had the frame mounted LJ fans on for a little over two years now. I have a 2009 FLHTCU w/ 96 ci motor. Once I installed an oil temp gauge last spring my temps have stayed consistently 10-15* cooler than a friends 2012 Ultra Limited w/ 103 ci and Harley oil cooler. I believe they work although a little big but not gaudy IMO. I just installed a Jagg fan assist oil cooler so am interested in the affect of that cooling device in conjunction with the LJ fans this summer. I have experienced great customer service also. Good luck with your decision.

Old 04-27-2016, 01:10 PM
mazz
Road Master
Received 193 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
I've only seen 2 negative reports on the Love Juggs.....not counting those that think they are too big. I'm only interested in how they work. Do they cool down the motor??
yes i have had them on 2012 and 2014 limited they work and they do not blow hot air on your legs at all on my bikes
Mazz

Old 04-27-2016, 01:54 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by Love Jugs
Hey Gary,

Short answer is that they cool down your engine, and your oil as well, like nothing else in the world. You can visit our web site and see what the experts are saying after carefully testing Love Jugs. Haters aside, most people feel that they look great as well.

I am a principle of Love Jugs. I will be happy to speak with you on the phone and answer all of your questions. Just call me at 561-499-0974 before 4:30 today and I will take whatever time you need.

At Your Service,

Steve West, CEO Hammerhead Engineering/Love Jugs
I have been communicating with Adam on where you will have sales/install set ups. He has been very helpful. He said Sturgis, but not sure if they can make Rolling Thunder (I will be going to each one and would like to get an install). I'm hoping you guys can make it out to Rolling Thunder next month. If not I'll see you in Sturgis.

I'm glad to see all the positive comments. Not many products can say that. I may give you a call later on my application.

Old 04-27-2016, 02:07 PM
DanRC
Road Master
Received 187 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by deadeye
I just ordered a pair for $300 new on ebay. I plan on blacking them out. Hopefully I won't be roasting so much in traffic this Summer.
You got an excellent deal because the ones in the video are worth alot more than $300.

Old 04-27-2016, 03:43 PM
AZTeufelhunde
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had my Love Jugs Cool Masters for just over 1 year and I can confirm these fans work great. I am on the Harley Davidson of Scottsdale Drill Team here in Arizona. Our performances are a lot of low speed tight maneuvers and our engines get very hot very quick. My fans do not blow any more hot air across my right leg than what comes off the engine normally. I have a Power Vision tuner on my bike and it has in the Gauges a display for Engine temp. Without the fans running in stop and go traffic at 95 degree outside temps (or Drill Practice) my engine temps can get to almost 315. With the fans running the temps stay much closer to 265 - 270. I forget to turn them on sometimes and get the engine hot then remember to turn them on and they will overcome the high heat and get back to the 270 range within 15 min while still riding. As far as their customer service goes I was most impressed. My set was purchased at AZ Bike week last year and I finally got around to installing them on Easter Sunday. Missing were the instructions for the Frame mount kit. I emailed the company Easter Morning figuring I would hear back at Mon or Tues. I received a email response and a call from the owner walking me thru the install that afternoon. This tells me how much he cares about his customers and believes in his product.

Jeff

The following users liked this post:
MB-WideGlide (04-27-2016)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: love jug cooling fan?