Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide Audio Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 05:29 PM
NewEnglander
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Glide Audio Upgrade

I'm planning to upgrade fairing speakers and add an amp to my 2011 street glide. Trying to decide between J&M Rokker, Hogtunes, and HD Boom audio. Any help in making tis decision is appreciated.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:15 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NewEnglander
I'm planning to upgrade fairing speakers and add an amp to my 2011 street glide. Trying to decide between J&M Rokker, Hogtunes, and HD Boom audio. Any help in making tis decision is appreciated.

Check out the focal access 165 ca1 and a1 speakers. Does that make it any easier?

Old 02-23-2012, 07:10 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm looking to upgrade the speakers and amp on my 2010 RG. It's not on your list but I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on Arc Audio's MPAC 6.

http://www.arcaudio.com/product-page...ycle/mpak6.asp

Old 02-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Just ordered a set of the new Biketronics Titan II's. Talked to Biketronics before ordering and they told me these speakers are efficient enough to sound really good without an amp. They should be here Saturday. Will post my impressions when I get them installed.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:23 PM
bobgv
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Garemlin
Just ordered a set of the new Biketronics Titan II's. Talked to Biketronics before ordering and they told me these speakers are efficient enough to sound really good without an amp. They should be here Saturday. Will post my impressions when I get them installed.
Subscribed, l would like to know how they sound as well

Old 02-23-2012, 07:31 PM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NewEnglander
I wouldnt waste the money on any of these brands, but if you're dead set on the 3... Boom sounds the best of the 3 from what I have heard. If you're looking for a package deal... check out Baggernation's Rockford Fosgate set ups... they blow away J&M and they cost less! I heard both of those at Bike Week last year and there really is no contest! Hogtunes has some new stuff out that I have not heard yet so I can't speak about their newer line... but their older line is a little better than stock at best. Hawg Wired has some package deals also... but they are a little expensive in my opinion. In any case... I would surely go with a 6.5" speaker up front. Good luck and be sure to post a review of whatever you decide to go with.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:50 PM
av ultra
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Im kinda in the same boat, I have a ultra. so far the most appealing for the money is the hard ride setup, Im just about to pull the trigger on this-http://www.hardrideaudio.com/hra/products/92-batwing-fairing-65-speaker-upgrade-kit.aspx unless I find a better deal by next week.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:54 PM
harlanrider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just took mine in today. Getting the Boom Audio w the amp.

Attached Thumbnails Street Glide Audio Upgrade-img-20111009-00014.jpg   Street Glide Audio Upgrade-img-20111009-00016.jpg  
Old 02-23-2012, 07:57 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 632 Likes on 504 Posts

i ordered from bagger nation yesterday ,they said their price is going up on the 24th.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:15 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Pretty hard to outperform the ROKKER stuff from J&M ,,,,,,

These videos are a MUST WATCH for anyone wanting to configure, wire, install and adjust the J&M ROKKER series audio systems for your Harley Bagger ,,,,,,

HOW-TO configure/wire 2, 4, 6 or 8 speakers on your Harley Bagger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJj7C...4LpftUbhq26J9L ,,,,,,

HOW-TO install ROKKER series speakers/amplifiers on your Harley Bagger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEhfx...OhScZC_aBjl7tk ,,,,,,

HOW-TO adjust ROKKER series amplifier gain controls on your Harley Bagger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6C5M...UCt2IbqEHhEcsN ,,,,,,

Quick Reply: Street Glide Audio Upgrade