Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jagg Oil Cooler Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 11:20 PM
jackhis
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jagg Oil Cooler Question

I am in the market for an oil cooler. The Jagg oil cooler with fan is looked good, but does it really have the "turbulator" technology as the HD oil cooler?
I see they've mentioned about turbulator on their web site, but it doesn't mention about the thermal stat for the cooler, just the TS for the fan.
Somehow, I feel it missing something in the Jagg oil cooler with fan kit. Unless, there is no turbulator feature built-in this cooler.
Any info would be appreciated.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:24 AM
JJHOG
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go onto Jaggs web site for more info on the construction of their cooler. As far a a Thermostat for the Oil Cooler, Jagg requires the installation of a Offset Oil Filter Adapter. They have two models. A 4600 which does not have an internal thermostat and the 4700 which does.

I have the fan assisted Jagg. I don't really see the point of having an oil cooler that isn't fan assisted to handle drawing cooling air through the cooler coils when you at a stop. Seems to me that's when you really need to cool the oil down. Not when you going down the road at 70 mph and you got wind blowing over the motor and through the oil cooler.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:15 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

The Jagg does have the turbulator technology, the fan has a thermal switch, and you select the adapter you want, w/ or W/O oil bypass tstat.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:35 AM
jackhis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by JJHOG
Go onto Jaggs web site for more info on the construction of their cooler. As far a a Thermostat for the Oil Cooler, Jagg requires the installation of a Offset Oil Filter Adapter. They have two models. A 4600 which does not have an internal thermostat and the 4700 which does.

I have the fan assisted Jagg. I don't really see the point of having an oil cooler that isn't fan assisted to handle drawing cooling air through the cooler coils when you at a stop. Seems to me that's when you really need to cool the oil down. Not when you going down the road at 70 mph and you got wind blowing over the motor and through the oil cooler.
For sure, the fan is a plus, but I do like the turbulator technology, as this will cool the oil temp faster.

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
The Jagg does have the turbulator technology, the fan has a thermal switch, and you select the adapter you want, w/ or W/O oil bypass tstat.
When go to the touring option on their site, there is only one model with fan for my bike (2010 touring), and it's kind of confusing that they didn't mention about the TS.
I guess I have to give them a call, but I buy from another place to keep price down.
Thanks guys.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:50 AM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 124 Posts

I've ran the Jagg 10 row w/o a fan and on my current bike replaced the HD oil cooler with the Jagg with a fan , the Jagg oil cooler is 30% larger than the HD unit , is tilted to allow more air flow through it , it cools much better than the HD cooler even without the fan , the fan however is a nice option and I am glad I have it

Old 02-24-2012, 12:38 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jackhis
When go to the touring option on their site, there is only one model with fan for my bike (2010 touring), and it's kind of confusing that they didn't mention about the TS.
The fan/heatexchanger is one part number FP2400, and the Adapter is another part number, the drop down window describes the 4700 adapter w/ tstat, the 4600 w/o tstat.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:56 PM
jackhis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
The fan/heatexchanger is one part number FP2400, and the Adapter is another part number, the drop down window describes the 4700 adapter w/ tstat, the 4600 w/o tstat.
Thanks much for the info.
I am really slow on this one.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:36 PM
DrDave4
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Jagg 6 row oil cooler installed on my Dyna FXDC and befre it was installed my oil temps in coummute traffic was around 280 degrees F. After installing a six row Jagg cooler my oils temsp now run around 230 to 245 in commute traffic with NO FAN assist.. The BMW R1150RT with oil heads were oil cooler cooled with no fan assist and worked very well. The cooler is a heat exchanger and will cool failry well with no fan assist Dr Dave

Old 01-15-2013, 06:20 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Dave, the thread your posting to is close to a year old. I still find myself doing it occasionally, but check the post date on the thread your posting to Youll get some wise acre remarks about it but Ive done it more times than I care to admit......by the way Welcome to the forum