Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heat Demons

Old 02-26-2012, 08:08 AM
Motor City Street Glide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
Wolverine HD or was it Biker Bobs you went to? Keep us posted!

Biker Bobs,

which I still call Motown, cause Biker Bob's is just plain lame.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:56 AM
Glidedsternfan
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HD could have L & R PN's

I worked for a national distributor, in a completely different industry, and I know from personal experience that when buying parts that have never been bought before or adding a vendor it's a big deal with multiple people involved.
Since its not a HD part, it could be set up in their parts ordering software/computer system as two seperate parts.
It could be that, since its Harley Davidson, they might be able to order, from the manufacturer, parts of the heat demon setup as opposed to the whole heat demon setup for service reasons.
As far as what they're charging you, I hate to say it but, a 100% markup isn't unheard of, especially at a dealer.

Just sayin, it ain't right, but it ain't unheard of either.

GSF

Old 02-26-2012, 09:05 AM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Motor City Street Glide

I bought this last week to make things a little easier on myself in the future.[IMG] Shot at 2012-02-17[/IMG]
Nice lift. I would love to have one out in the garage!

Old 02-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Motor City Street Glide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sefferdog
Nice lift. I would love to have one out in the garage!

With the coupon code from the Easy rider mag, which is floating around this forum some place. The lift can be had for $299, a steal IMO.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,361 Likes on 2,616 Posts

Originally Posted by Glidedsternfan
Since its not a HD part, it could be set up in their parts ordering software/computer system as two seperate parts.
Possibly so, but would have become immediately apparent to the installer that these are 2 of the exact same part, one with a left hand control and the other with a right hand control, and they only installed one of them.

So - what did they do with the other one? Why wouldn't the tech notify the manager?

Old 02-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

With the coupon code from the Easy rider mag, which is floating around this forum some place. The lift can be had for $299, a steal IMO.

Found it, thank you for the heads up!!!

Last edited by Sefferdog; 02-26-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:29 AM
Motor City Street Glide
Cruiser

Possibly so, but would have become immediately apparent to the installer that these are 2 of the exact same part, one with a left hand control and the other with a right hand control, and they only installed one of them.

So - what did they do with the other one? Why wouldn't the tech notify the manager?

not sure if this is related or not...

I went In to the stealership yesterday, to set up a delivery date for my SG.

I was suppose to have a balance of $28 for some "extra parts" needed for my led headlight, a bracket or something that they had called me about.

I set up the delivery of my bike, and reminded the service writer (same guy that I ordered the heat demons from) that I had a small balance due on my bill.

He kindly told me "don't worry about it, I took care of it for you" your all set.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,361 Likes on 2,616 Posts

not sure if this is related or not...

I went In to the stealership yesterday, to set up a delivery date for my SG.

I was suppose to have a balance of $28 for some "extra parts" needed for my led headlight, a bracket or something that they had called me about.

I set up the delivery of my bike, and reminded the service writer (same guy that I ordered the heat demons from) that I had a small balance due on my bill.

He kindly told me "don't worry about it, I took care of it for you" your all set.
Hard to say, but if I understand you correctly, you said they charged you $150 twice (left and right) for the heat demons, so $28 doesnt seem like much of a consolation prize.

Could have been a load equalizer for the LED headlight? I have no idea what they cost.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Motor City Street Glide
Cruiser

Hard to say, but if I understand you correctly, you said they charged you $150 twice (left and right) for the heat demons, so $28 doesnt seem like much of a consolation prize.

Could have been a load equalizer for the LED headlight? I have no idea what they cost.
I tend to think that the service writer realized that he over charged me, but is not going to bring it up if I'm not smart enough to realize that I have been over charged.

I don't think he pushed for the $28 balance, because he doesn't want me to scrutinize the charges.

*note this is all speculative, it could have been an honest mistake*

but it will get handled on Tue.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:59 AM
jaysnafu
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts

Motor city - did we put boot ot *** and get this resolved?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heat Demons