Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck Lite Phase 7 LED headlight installed - Pics and review

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 09:47 AM
SoCalMike
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Well, this pretty much seals the deal. I need to figure out how to block any posts of yours. Seems that much of what you've done I want to add/implement/try. Heaven knows what happens if I come across anything else you do. Hell, I'm working from home today waiting for my Custom Dynamics order to arrive. You are gonna make me go broke!

Nice write up, nice review, excellent work. Really. I need to figure out how to post video's so I can add a few things I've done so they come out as nicely as yours. Seriously, thanks for the great work and your well documented contributions.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:16 AM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am hopeful to get mine done this weekend at Bike Week, I am hoping that Kury has them in their possession at the tents and can do the install right there for me

then I can run over to the HD store and get the trim ring that you folks keep talking about, so any help on that trim ring part number would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lgenf
I am hopeful to get mine done this weekend at Bike Week, I am hoping that Kury has them in their possession at the tents and can do the install right there for me

then I can run over to the HD store and get the trim ring that you folks keep talking about, so any help on that trim ring part number would be greatly appreciated.
J&P has a French trim ring that they sell that is nicer than the Harley on as theirs has no visible seam from the front. Not sure who makes them but they are on a Freestanding display on the left hand side of the counter in the back. You will walk right past them if you are heading for the bathroom.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:41 AM
nickel dime
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you need to get the H4 To H13 Adaptor 96630 from DFS?

Old 03-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

How visible is it in daylight when viewed from an angle?
BTW, I have a phase6 I recently installed on my bike, anyone interested in making an offer? LOL!

Old 03-07-2012, 10:45 AM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Just Dave
J&P has a French trim ring that they sell that is nicer than the Harley on as theirs has no visible seam from the front. Not sure who makes them but they are on a Freestanding display on the left hand side of the counter in the back. You will walk right past them if you are heading for the bathroom.

thank you for the update - If kury has it, then J&P will get the biz on the trim ring

Old 03-07-2012, 10:49 AM
DresserDude
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by nickel dime
Did you need to get the H4 To H13 Adaptor 96630 from DFS?

NO, because you are replacing an H4.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:52 AM
DresserDude
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

So, ironically after a nice ride yesterday (In the daytime I always use my high beam), I get home, get off my bike to open the garage with my keypad and notice I had no headlight. I burnt the high beam AGAIN. So I ordered a couple of bulbs last night and JUST ORDERED THE TRUCKLITE TODAY!!!! WooHoo!

Last edited by DresserDude; 03-07-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Nute
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kyleplusitunes
Part number???

27270c

Old 03-07-2012, 12:28 PM
lgenf
Outstanding HDF Member

My buddy who lives in Ormond Beach just stopped by Destination Daytona and walked into the Kury tent for me.

they do have the headlight phase 7 in stock (selling for $299.95) and they do expect to have the running lights in stock by Friday and on site for sale and installation.

I however just placed my order to DFS and saved $$$ and am having it delivered to my house in Daytona so that I get it during bike week hopefully (and while there, I can go over to JP Cycles and look up the trim rings that everyone is talking about)

Quick Reply: Truck Lite Phase 7 LED headlight installed - Pics and review