Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blinkers Still Flashing......?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Glen1978
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinkers Still Flashing......?

Well other day I noticed that my bikes blinkers were flashing and it wouldnt crank after turning key on. Read that it was more than likely the batteries in the key FOB. I got the other FOB and it did the same thing. So, replaced both batteries and it still does it. FOB is in the windshield bag so figured it was close enough. No cell phone in there with it to block signals. I can usually turn the key off and back on once, at the most twice and I can crank it. Any ideas on where to start?? thanks

Old 03-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Try turing the ignition on and quickly hitting both turnsignals at the same time and put in your PIN? If that does not work then your TSSM might have failed.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

If you keep your fob in the windshield bag, then you have successfully neutralized the ignition security feature of your bike and the thief will thank you.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:40 AM
TWIN CAM 96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you leave your fob on your bike all the time you will be replacing your fob battery alot it will keep your security running all the time!

Old 03-09-2012, 11:13 AM
sval
6th Gear

I have the same problem. It seems like it is not picking up the signal from the FOB. I replaced the batteries and it seemed to work fine for a few days. I just have to mess with it. Turn the ignition off and on, or open up the FOB and close it. Sometimes it starts right up also so not sure what the problem is.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:36 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 393 Likes on 335 Posts

plan b is set a PIN, know how to enter it

then you are covered should the fob be lost or fail.

this stuff works on radio frequencies and more and more wireless stuff is used day to day wifi, phones etc.

even proximity of other H-D systems can momentariy confuse the security system.

and better that it default to "off" than "on".

with the PIN the rider is covered

Mike

Old 03-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Glen1978
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Lowcountry Joe
If you keep your fob in the windshield bag, then you have successfully neutralized the ignition security feature of your bike and the thief will thank you.
How so? If I cant crank it with the key in the windshield bag (well usually not on the first try) then how will a thief get the bike with the FOB in my pocket??

Messed with it more this morning. If I take the FOB out and stick the key in the gas tank door with FOB hanging there no flashy. I tried it several times and same thing. Put it back in the windshield bag and there we go back to flashy.

I live in the country. We leave our keys in our cars and sleep with our doors unlocked. You can call it stupid or lucky, whatever but thats just the way I was raised.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:36 PM
ucommbxny
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont the bags mount to a steel bracket. Could be just enough to interfear with the signal from the fob

Old 03-09-2012, 02:43 PM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Plan "C" - don't buy security. It's a pita and if a thief wants your bike, he'll get it, security or not. My 2 cents.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Glen1978
Road Captain

I didnt buy security, it just came with the bike I found, LOL. My old Softail went all over the place and I NEVER took the key with me.....matter of fact when I sold it I had to hunt for it to give it to the new owner.

Quick Reply: Blinkers Still Flashing......?