Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Cruiser Craddle wheel chock and stand ** Awesome **

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 07:49 PM
onthelo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up HD Cruiser Craddle wheel chock and stand ** Awesome **

Hey guys/gals I just wanted to share with you about my HD crusier craddle. After years of working on clients bikes and my own I have always used the ATV/moto style jack lift and it alwasy left me feeling sketchy about it falling off. I typically used the lift to keep the bikes centered and straight up while building and designing custom audio systems on them or for detailing and minor service. I have done allot of research over the years and through the forums and word of mouth and decided to purchase the condor pit-stop/trailer-stop but due to the shipping weight looked around for an equal and I found it HD's version which is the condor with a HD logo on it. They must be contracted with condor, when I bought it the HD dealer parts guy said he couldn't comment on where it came from but it sure did look like the condor chock. So anyway I picked it up and I can say its 100% identical save for the HD logo. It works extremely well. I can pull a clients bike in and out of the chock on flat ground all by myself and it stands the bikes up very solid and confident. I just wanted to let you all know what a great chock it is and at HD retail price of $249.50 it also comes with the trailer mount plate making it a breeze. I can mount it in my trailer or the back of my pickup so easily. It only weighs about 30 pounds as its made of aluminum and has a folding front chock and adjustable rear wheel chock. In my opion this one as well the condor are the best on the market. Here is a picture of my chock and I couldnt be happier. I may build a plywood board with some eye hooks just for added support when i am really wrenching on the bikes but so far it works wondefully. If you guys have any questions i would be happy to try and answer them for you.

Last edited by onthelo; 03-14-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:10 PM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Tough to beat the Condor design. I use one in my 6' x 10' enclosed trailer. It makes loading and unloading so much easier. One man operation!

Old 03-14-2012, 08:10 PM
wlibert
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I love mine. I mounted it on my Direct Lift Pro Cycle XLT DT motorcycle lift using the trailer mount kit and I put a trailer mount kit in my enclosed trailer as well and I just move it to where I need it. I park my bike on my lift every time I'm finished riding. I just drive right up onto the lift and into the HD cruiser cradle.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:12 PM
onthelo
Road Master

Originally Posted by peddler
Tough to beat the Condor design. I use one in my 6' x 10' enclosed trailer. It makes loading and unloading so much easier. One man operation!
Whats nice about whatever they worked out with HD is that you can buy this at the dealer local and don't have to wait for delivery. These chocks rock!

Old 03-14-2012, 08:21 PM
Stickman81
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

With numerous folks on this forum that tout the Harbour Frieght chock, what does this chock do for roughly $200 more? Is it that much (sturdier, better built, safer)?

Serious question as I am looking to purchase a chock in the near future.

TIA.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:37 PM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Stickman81
With numerous folks on this forum that tout the Harbour Frieght chock, what does this chock do for roughly $200 more? Is it that much (sturdier, better built, safer)?

TIA.
I actually own both. Use my condor chock in my trailer and use the HF chock in my garage. The biggest obvious difference between the two is I find the Condor Chock design allows removal of my Ultra with a lot less effort.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:16 PM
onthelo
Road Master

Originally Posted by Stickman81

TIA.
The HD/condor chock is light weight constructed out of aluminum. It just stays put better on the ground and I just like the feel of it compared to the HF. But overall basically the same thing.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:34 AM
onthelo
Road Master

So this was the first week I really used my craddle on my own while building a 2012 Street Glide project. It works beautifully my only thing was it was hard to get the bike out on my own the chock slide to much so I am going to try a non-slip pad underneath the chock and see if that helps, my garage floow is just so slick and from the saw dust it probably didn't help. Here is a photo of it locked in place on the new glide very solid stance. Still give it high reviews just need to work on the unloading process.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:37 AM
onthelo
Road Master

Here is the bike fully upright making it very easy to work on it

Old 03-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Riich
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the chock also and think it is very well crafted. I struggle to get the Road King out on my own but I do get it done. As far as sturdy, it is awesome. But then for $249, it ought to be, right?

Quick Reply: HD Cruiser Craddle wheel chock and stand ** Awesome **