Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed my new Hawg Wired system....

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 04:58 PM
kjkustoms
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs down Just installed my new Hawg Wired system....

I broke down and bought the Hawg Wired RS-DCS/ZX direct connect system. 12o watt amp and 6.5" speakers. What a piece of JUNK!!! I am still running the OEM HK radio, I know this may be holding me back but this system sounds like a dollar store transistor radio! I had the Hog Tunes amp and J&M 7.25 system before and it blows away this crap! $639.00 + shipping down the drain! If you ever wondered if the Hawg Wired price tag was worth it, I'm here to tell you, SAVE YOUR MONEY ! Another expensive lesson learned. I just sent HW an email, I wonder if they will even respond. Anyone have experience dealing with HW after the fact?? Will they stand behind their crap or am I out of luck ?

Old 03-18-2012, 05:04 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 124 Posts

HW are stand up guys and will work with you , the system you bought is their lower end system as far as performance , I don't know who you went through Frank Drago gives killer prices and for that amount would have put you in a higher end system of theirs

Old 03-18-2012, 05:11 PM
kjkustoms
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tj316
HW are stand up guys and will work with you , the system you bought is their lower end system as far as performance , I don't know who you went through Frank Drago gives killer prices and for that amount would have put you in a higher end system of theirs
Are you running the stock head unit with your Hawg Wired system?

Old 03-18-2012, 05:14 PM
cyclescoot
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interested to hear the outcome of this...as I am just about to order a HawgWired system possibly tomorrow. I've been wondering if I should just save the cash and get the Boom speakers and be done.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:41 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Suggestion: Before you throw a reputable vendor under the bus, post AFTER you've talked to them--you wouldn't be the first HDF'er who didn't install the product correctly.

Carl

Old 03-18-2012, 05:49 PM
TO34
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Gets popcorn & settles in .... this is gonna be good lol.

On a side note for 630$ could of put together your own system.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:19 PM
db2753
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Suggestion: Before you throw a reputable vendor under the bus, post AFTER you've talked to them--you wouldn't be the first HDF'er who didn't install the product correctly.

Carl
What Carl said. Wouldn't hurt to talk to Hawg Wire first and see if they can fix your issues.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:08 PM
wjl24
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

That is not one of their best amps. What speakers do you have? One of my buds has the 150 watt amp and their better 5 1/4 speakers I think it's called Double Shot and it rocks. Very loud and clear.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:17 PM
Tucker Dog
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed Six Pack last week

Bought a Six Pack unit from Dragos ( nice to deal with )and did install. Had some issues with setting gain and freq ( instructions need to be updated to match 6.5 speakers ) Call HW and they helped and were easy to talk with.

Was nervous on what to buy, the forum is good and bad in that way. took out for ride and am totally satisfied. At 75mph with full face helmet sounds great, when warmer and got the half hemet will be awesome.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:22 PM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Tucker Dog
Bought a Six Pack unit from Dragos ( nice to deal with )and did install. Had some issues with setting gain and freq ( instructions need to be updated to match 6.5 speakers ) Call HW and they helped and were easy to talk with.

Was nervous on what to buy, the forum is good and bad in that way. took out for ride and am totally satisfied. At 75mph with full face helmet sounds great, when warmer and got the half hemet will be awesome.
Care to share those settings with the rest of us??? I just upgraded my Double Shot system from their 5.25" to the ZX 6.5" and am having a hard time figuring out where to set things to get a good sound out of them. I had just gotten my Polks figured out, so now trying to get these set correctly. I know once set properly this thing rocks!

Last edited by The Q; 03-18-2012 at 08:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Just installed my new Hawg Wired system....