Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gound location pics

Old 03-20-2012, 08:53 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 215 Posts
Default Gound location pics

I know there are 2 main ground locations, one under the seat, where is the other one. A pic would be cool

Thanks

Old 03-20-2012, 09:03 PM
jackhis
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are talking about ground connection, then any metal spots, such as a bolt and nut, in the bike can be a ground spot.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:09 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by jackhis
If you are talking about ground connection, then any metal spots, such as a bolt and nut, in the bike can be a ground spot.
I am having a problem with my turn signals, they flash normal 5 times thne flash rapidly. From doing some searching, I found that sometimes a dirty ground connection could cause the problem. So I want to know where the 2nd main ground location is so I can clean it. Pictures make everything much easier for a dummy like me. (LOL)

Last edited by steelerdude1; 03-20-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:25 PM
mtgriz
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

You might try taking your run turn brake light controller out of the circuit to see if that is the problem.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:30 PM
G20
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

I just had the same problem after I converted over to LED lights. The tech department at Badlands told me to do the following to reset the TSM on 2005 + bikes and it worked like a charm:
  1. Pull the Maxi-fuse (large one behind the left side cover) and give it 10 minutes.
  2. Replace the Maxi-fuse
  3. Turn the ignition to on and activate your 4-way flashers for 10 seconds or so.
  4. Activate the left turn signal and let flash for 10 seconds, then cancel
  5. Activate the right turn signal and let flash for 10 seconds, then cancel
  6. Turn off your ignition, wait a minute or so. You should be all set.
I don't know if this procedure will work for you, but it did fix my issue. I was having the same exact problem, normal flash for a few and then rapid flashing.

Good luck.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:30 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by mtgriz
You might try taking your run turn brake light controller out of the circuit to see if that is the problem.
Already done, this has me so frustrated that I have everything put back to stock and still have the problem. I have found that some who have experienced this had a bad turn signal modual, and others just had a dirty ground. Before I spend $114 on a new module, I want to try all of the free stuff first.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:39 PM
mtgriz
Road Warrior
Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

I should have added to my post above that my '01 FLHT does the same thing. It started after I did some wiring repair after hitting a pot hole from hell that should have busted a wheel and put me in the ditch. I was thinking the turn signal change was kind of a nice feature so I left it alone....maybe catch some extra attention from the rear as I was turning. Be interesting to see what you find.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:42 PM
jackhis
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by G20
I just had the same problem after I converted over to LED lights. The tech department at Badlands told me to do the following to reset the TSM on 2005 + bikes and it worked like a charm:
  1. Pull the Maxi-fuse (large one behind the left side cover) and give it 10 minutes.
  2. Replace the Maxi-fuse
  3. Turn the ignition to on and activate your 4-way flashers for 10 seconds or so.
I don't know if this procedure will work for you, but it did fix my issue. I was having the same exact problem, normal flash for a few and then rapid flashing.

Good luck.
That makes sense, as LED requires much less current.
Originally Posted by steelerdude1
I am having a problem with my turn signals, they flash normal 5 times thne flash rapidly. From doing some searching, I found that sometimes a dirty ground connection could cause the problem. So I want to know where the 2nd main ground location is so I can clean it. Pictures make everything much easier for a dummy like me. (LOL)
As the other stated above, I about to ask you whether you have replaced the stock bulbs to LED.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:51 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by jackhis
That makes sense, as LED requires much less current.

As the other stated above, I about to ask you whether you have replaced the stock bulbs to LED.
Yes, I replaced all 4 bulbs.

Originally Posted by G20
  2. Replace the Maxi-fuse

Good luck.
As for the reset procedure, I'll give it a try. only thing is, I do not think I have 4 way flashers, unless there is something I don't know about.

Last edited by steelerdude1; 03-20-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:53 PM
G20
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by steelerdude1
Yes, I replaced all 4 bulbs.

As for the reset procedure, I'll give it a try. only thing is, I do not think I have 4 way flashers, unless there is something I don't know about.
Stellerdude,

Press and hold both turn signals buttons at the same time, untill all four turn signals flash. To cancel, hold them both down at the same time again.

I hope I was able to help out.

-G

Last edited by G20; 03-20-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gound location pics