Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 street glide radio problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 09:00 PM
madmax83
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 street glide radio problems

I have an 08 street glide, advanced HK radio and it keeps going to 'headphone' mode. On the display, the speaker will turn into a set of headphones (I'm presuming that happens on ultra classic's when you plug the headphones in) but I don't have that adapter. It only happens when I'm below 3k rpm (normal riding rpm for city riding). The music (radio, ipod, cd) will mute, not lose any time on the track but will not play. I already took it in and got talked into buying a refub radio...and it is still doing it. Any ideas before I take it back to the dealer? I hate that I spend the money for buying another deck and still having the same problems, but would rather eat the $ and fix it myself if I can.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:08 PM
the bad bagger
Cruiser

The HK radio is junk. Time to switch to an after market head unit. HK radios have been trouble since thier beginning. I replaced my HK with a Sony from Biketronics over a year ago and feel I made the best decision it has more options and sounds much better.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:41 PM
shredsurf
Road Master

Originally Posted by madmax83
I have an 08 street glide, advanced HK radio and it keeps going to 'headphone' mode. On the display, the speaker will turn into a set of headphones (I'm presuming that happens on ultra classic's when you plug the headphones in) but I don't have that adapter. It only happens when I'm below 3k rpm (normal riding rpm for city riding). The music (radio, ipod, cd) will mute, not lose any time on the track but will not play. I already took it in and got talked into buying a refub radio...and it is still doing it. Any ideas before I take it back to the dealer? I hate that I spend the money for buying another deck and still having the same problems, but would rather eat the $ and fix it myself if I can.

I'm having the same problem after my battery died...did you ever get an answer to the issue and how to correct it?

Old 08-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by madmax83
You had a problem, replaced the head unit and have same problem... sort of tells me that the problem ain't with the HK unit. holding the volume down switch on left handlebar will put it into 'mute' - maybe a bad switch?