Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trucklite LED failure

Old 03-21-2012, 10:13 PM
2008RKC08
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trucklite LED failure

Wanted to do a review of my new trucklite phase 7 LED headlight and passing lamps but cant do that now. Recieved my headlight and passing lamps today after waitng 3 weeks for the headlight to be in stock. Took pics of the original lights before pulling them, all worked fine. Installed the new phase 7, turned on the bike, have low beam but no hi beam. The hi beam led will flash once as I flip the switch back to low beam. Pulled light and reinstalled the original, hi and low beam work. So something is definitely wrong with the new light. Passing lamps installed fine and work as they should. Going to contact discount fleet supply to see what can be done.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:19 PM
stevevfd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's no good. I installed my Phase 7 and it was one of the easier mods I've ever done to any of my Harleys. Hopefully you'll be able to get a non-defective unit without any hassle.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:47 AM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member

Please keep us posted on the outcome. I installed my last week with no problems.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:14 AM
electraglide999
Intermediate

Keep us updated, these lights seem/look amazing. Thinking about maybe getting this set-up.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:56 AM
Robert_W
Tourer

That's disappointing.

I received my P7 yesterday. I am still waiting for my passing lamps from the Ebay vendor. I've decided to install all at the lights at the same time for an easier comparison.

Please let us know how their customer service is.

Thanks and ride safe,

Bob.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:03 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,523 Likes on 1,420 Posts

Sorry to hear about that. I installed my TLP7 Headlight recently and love it. Been waiting on the TLP7 Passing Lights, just got the UPS Notification that Phatt shipped them yesterday, est. del. the 27th. Come on big brown!!!

Old 03-22-2012, 06:53 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I wouldn't worry too much about it. There is always gonna be some bad products in anything that is manufactured. I am sure DFS will take care of you and TL has a three year warranty on their lights. At least it happened now and not in 1096 days. LOL

Old 03-22-2012, 01:31 PM
Truck-Lite Co.
Former Sponsor

Hello all,
My name is Jerry Lee, from Truck-Lite, and I just wanted to post a note that we've read this post, and we're following up to assure the defective product is replaced. Truck-Lite engineers all LED lighting products (including the new headlamps and passing lamps) with a great deal of precision and care, and diagnosing failure on any front is very important for us to continually improve our processes.

If anyone has any questions about the products or their performance, or simply wishes to provide feedback, please feel free to send a direct message, give us a call (800/562-5012) or e-mail us (customerservice@truck-lite.com). We're glad to help, and are proud to offer any support needed.

Thanks for the interest, and let me know if we can be of assistance,
Jerry Lee

The following users liked this post:
Webhead13 (09-05-2017)
Old 03-22-2012, 01:39 PM
fenderzig
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Truck-Lite Co.
Hello all,
My name is Jerry Lee, from Truck-Lite, and I just wanted to post a note that we've read this post, and we're following up to assure the defective product is replaced. Truck-Lite engineers all LED lighting products (including the new headlamps and passing lamps) with a great deal of precision and care, and diagnosing failure on any front is very important for us to continually improve our processes.

If anyone has any questions about the products or their performance, or simply wishes to provide feedback, please feel free to send a direct message, give us a call (800/562-5012) or e-mail us (customerservice@truck-lite.com). We're glad to help, and are proud to offer any support needed.

Thanks for the interest, and let me know if we can be of assistance,
Jerry Lee
^^^Now that is pretty cool, Jerry Lee!

Old 03-22-2012, 01:41 PM
nickel dime
Cruiser

Thank You Jerry Lee for taking the time to make a post about your customer service. It's a small thing but many companies wouldn't do that. It makes me even more inclined to invest in your products.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trucklite LED failure