Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pak Light Conversion Kit

Old 03-22-2012, 09:21 PM
Ultra Pearl
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tour Pak Light Conversion Kit

Have anyone installed the tour pak brake light/ running light/ signal light conversion kit.
Was the installation difficult.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:02 PM
airchuk
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very easy

Old 03-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Ultra Pearl
Tourer

Did you have to cut into your wiring harness or is it just plug and go

Old 03-23-2012, 08:00 PM
silverbullitt
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plug and go. Tour pak liner interferance, but not bad. The wiring connections make it sit up a touch higher, but it is worth it. You will really like them.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:23 PM
Ultra Pearl
Tourer

Did anyone else have this liner problem, it would seem if the liner sits up higher it would interfere with the lid closing.
Whats the point in buying something to solve one problem only to create another..

Old 03-26-2012, 05:37 PM
old v twin
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default No Problem

Originally Posted by Ultra Pearl
Did anyone else have this liner problem, it would seem if the liner sits up higher it would interfere with the lid closing.
Whats the point in buying something to solve one problem only to create another..

Did not have this problem.

Put the blinker controller in the rear right conner of the TP, secured it with black silicone instead of the double sided strips provided. Found that the space was there to do this without losing any height.

Move it around to a couple of spots until it fits, then a big glob of black silicone, let it sit for a day or so, then put the liner in. Good to go, works fine.

BTW, my TP is detachable as well.

Also have the RTB installed under the seat for the rear blinkers on the fender, all works together just fine.

All of the plug and play lighting accessories seem to work very well together.

Good luck.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Ultra Pearl
Tourer

Thanks for that info...

Old 03-26-2012, 06:28 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts
Default LED Light Kit

Originally Posted by Ultra Pearl
Have anyone installed the tour pak brake light/ running light/ signal light conversion kit.
Was the installation difficult.
I put the LED tourpak light kit on this past fall. While the install was pretty straight forward, the wiring (plug and play) kicked my *** for about a week. If you are contemplating doing it yourself - no biggie - but - I have definate suggestions for BEFORE you do the deed. If you're interested, PM me and I'll get back to you.

Update to include suggestions -
I thought that the tough part would be drilling my brand new tourpak but in actuallity it was the easiest part. For me, the tough part was inserting the pins for the wiring into the correct spots in the plastic connectors. This became a PITA because they "clip" into place in the connectors and releasing them to move them around (if not inserted properly the first time) is a challenge. The directions are straight forward - but - inserting them in the correct spots is a common error. SO -

My suggestion would be to 'mock" up the pins WITHOUT inserting them into the plastic connectors. You could insert them one at a time so that you could check the operation of the LED BEFORE you take it back apart to do the final inserting. ALSO - others have had a problem with the studs in the LED (the ones that go thru the tourpak to fasten it) spinning loose while tightening the LED to the tourpak. I used a drop of crazy glue onto where the studs are attached to the LED BEFORE I attached it to the tourpak. Also while sealing the stud holes with silicon I coated the studs themselves with the silicon to allow the nut to slip smoother on the stud while tighening. All my studs tightened up nicely allowing for an excellent mount.

If you haven't purchased the unit yet, some of what I have suggested may not make sense. Feel free to contact me if any questions arise. I love the LED unit and feel that it gives me a real fighting chance to be seen, especially while sitting at intersections.

Jeff

Last edited by jeffreydsilver; 03-27-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Hayhoss
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I were to do it over again, I would purchase the Custom Dynamics tour pak conversion kit. Plug-n-play plus it also does the run, turn brake to the tour pak side leds. Craig

Old 03-27-2012, 08:31 AM
JJHOG
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the rear brake light conversion kit installed before I added the tour pack conversion kit. Found out that there was a resistance problem with both kits installed. If you find that your flashers are blinking really fast in the beginning and then quite switch the order that you have the converstion boxes installed under your seat. Also, why they give you some much extra wiring is beyond me plus I too had the liner height problem. Again, seems to me the MOCO could do a better job of designing the conversion kit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tour Pak Light Conversion Kit