Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dragula vs. thunderheader

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 12:50 AM
viperr817
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dragula vs. thunderheader

Anyone have hands and ears on experience with both of these pipes? I have thunder headers now, and am thinking of switching to a dragula. I have heard the dragula outperforms, but how does it compare soundwise?

Old 12-10-2011, 03:55 AM
FastBagger07
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Go to dragosbikeworks.com he has sound clips on his website.I have his Dragula on my Procharged 107" '09 FLTC.It sounds and performs absolutely awesome.I've rode this bike in 100 degree stop and go traffic with shorts on with no heat issues.There is not another pipe on the market as far as I'm concerned that even comes close to this pipe.You wont be disatisfied with this pipe.

Old 12-10-2011, 06:10 AM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 124 Posts

I've heard and seen Dragula , they are nice , my friend has thunderheaders , I think the tone is similar but they are a little louder , looks , tone & performance I would go with Dragula

Old 12-10-2011, 07:06 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

My Dragula (with 2.55 baffle) is is a higher quality pipe (better chrome, welds...ect) than my Thunderheader was....
The Dragula is ceramic coated inside and out.
The Thunderheader was definitely louder.
The Thunderheader was much more expensive.
I think I actually liked the sound of the Thunderheader a little better...

Old 12-10-2011, 10:16 AM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I have both. The Dragula is in a whole different league than the T-header. The T-header sounds great but the Dragula sounds damn good also and out performs it hands down. Plus the Dragula pipe is 10 fold better quality. The ceramic coating (inside and out) of the Dragula offers 2 huge advantages. It runs much cooler which is nice for comfort of the riders and it also helps with performance. The ceramic keeps the heat of the exhaust gasses in the exhaust gasses and doesnt absorb the heat which forces them to evacuate quicker. The name of the game in performance is to get air into and out of your engine as quickly as possible. The T-header was the **** back when guys wanted all the HP they could get out of their 80" evo's but today we have much better components and technologies. The Dragula is the epitome of performance and quality. I just happen to have a Dragula in my shop uninstalled and I can send you pictures of all the various parts and the ceramic coating if you'd like. Just pm me your email address and I'll get them over to you. Hope this helps.

Last edited by 1931jamesw; 03-24-2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Screwed up, why else?
Old 12-10-2011, 10:25 AM
viperr817
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have heard clips online of the sound, but its hard to judge thru a speaker. Those that have heard in person, is dragula deeper tone, more crackle like rhinharts, or what?

Old 12-10-2011, 10:27 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Thunderheaders are great pipes. The power and sound that they produce is always excellent and many people will only run their products. I am working on getting one for my ride right now but I need the cash. Thunderheader has been around a long time and continues to thrive which says a lot about their products, especially in this economy.

I have never seen nor heard a Drago's in person as of yet so I cannot comment on it right now. I am sure one will pop up one of these days around here. I sell Thunderheaders at deeply discounted prices everyday. Email me fro pricing at Drew@Drvtwin.com I also sell Drago's at a discount. Email me.

Drew

Old 12-10-2011, 10:31 AM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

To compare the Dragula to Rineharts saddens me. lol I am not of fan of Rineharts in the least! Probably my least favorite in terms of sound. My opinion is the T-header has a deeper sound but the Dragula has a crisper sound.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:13 AM
lewdawg
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So which would you say is louder in town and thumping on it to get on the freeway lets say?

Old 12-10-2011, 11:57 AM
DRAGO'S BIKE WORKS
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can answer some questions
Dragula 2;1 exhaust
2 year warranty
ceramic coat inside and out 4mls total.
Comes with Heat shields Black or Chrome same price.....
3 step header
1.75-1.875-2.00 steps
2.55 collector
4.05 muffler body.
Std uniy slash tip up or down you turn it.
Also we offer a ghost pipe and color combos.
Baffle choice we rec. for is 2.55 for 96" to 110" motor
2.55 baffle will support from 75hp to 145 hp
3.05 inch baffle is very loud compare to 2.55 baffle we mean very loud and very deep sounding.
3.05 is for motors that are 120" and much higher
3.05 will support 120hp 280 hp
We offer a performance gaur. agaisnt any 2:1 in its class.Rules 10 days same dyno from install if it does not make power than the other we will give you your money back.
Pipe has to be stepped header or bigger 2:1 only
Send us the pipe. We have never lost>>>>>>>

Here is a bike with color combo and ghost pipe.
I hope they dont put my post under Vender listing because I posted to a ?????

Attached Thumbnails dragula vs. thunderheader-dragulablackchrome.jpg   dragula vs. thunderheader-dragulaghostpipeblackchrome.jpg  

Quick Reply: dragula vs. thunderheader