Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

Welcome to HDForums.com!

P

Old 03-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Road Captain
Default Replacement battery

Hey all, I am in need of a new battery for my scoot. I absolutely refuse to pay local dealer $234.95 + taxes = $271.39.

NOT HAPPENING DEELY

We don't have Batterymart up here but I'm heading to Maine/NH in a couple weeks. Anyone have an idea where I can get a decent battery while I'm down there without re-mortgaging my house??
Old 03-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Ultimate HDF Member

use the deka website to find a local or ME/NH distributor.

in the meantime, if your battery is dead, don't jump the bike and run it, the charging system may be damaged trying to charge a duff battery.

Mike
Old 03-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Road Captain

O'Reilly's. ETX30LA AGM battery, 400 cca for $118.99 + tax. with a one year warranty. Exact replacement and they're everywhere if you ever have a problem.
1971 Triumh Trident (sold)
2007 H.D. flhp
173rd Abn.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Club Member

Battery mart will send you one for $90 bux shipped to your home.. be adivsed though according to forum member short ride that checked it out w/DEKA that it is not I repeat not a direct replacement for your OEM, if it really makes a difference to you or not?

I took my chances as many others have w/ the Big Crank ETX30L from Battery Mart and so far so good.

Feuling Reaper 525 Cams PC-V- Rinehart Slim-line Duals and 4 inch Rinehart Slip-Ons.
88 HP-98 TQ
Stage 2.
Lots of other custom stuff

Last edited by lionsm13; 03-27-2012 at 12:16 PM..
Old 03-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Senior Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69cj View Post
O'Reilly's. ETX30LA AGM battery, 400 cca for $118.99 + tax. with a one year warranty. Exact replacement and they're everywhere if you ever have a problem.
http://www.batterymart.com/p-Big-Cra...eader-ETX__30L

Apparently that is a brand battery mart carries for a little less. But I would rather have the oreilley's warranty/name behind the battery.
My indy is shopping for a new battery source. apparently Drag Specialties has dropped batteries from their line-up and his harley source offers no discounts.

2006 FLHTCUI - PC III USB - screamin' eagle air intake - Supertrapp 2:1 Supermegg (18 discs)
Old 03-27-2012, 12:26 PM
Road Captain

I talked to Batterymart via email and they will ship it free to Calais, ME to a local hardware store that accepts shipments for us that are from North of the border. I looked for O'reilly's but none of them in the Northeast. I'm heading down anyway so it will work out good.

When you say it's not a direct replacement - does that mean it's not identical in fitment (size) or do you mean just not an OEM brand?
Old 03-27-2012, 12:36 PM
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallyman View Post
I talked to Batterymart via email and they will ship it free to Calais, ME to a local hardware store that accepts shipments for us that are from North of the border. I looked for O'reilly's but none of them in the Northeast. I'm heading down anyway so it will work out good.

When you say it's not a direct replacement - does that mean it's not identical in fitment (size) or do you mean just not an OEM brand?
Not a direct replacement means it is not exactly the same specification. Harley may have a spec, O'Reilly's may have a spec, Battery Mart another. Hard to say which one is best, hell, the Battery Mart might have tighter specs than Harley, doubtful, but possible. A good example, go to a Toro web site and look at mowers, then compare the same models to big box stores like Lowe's, Home Depot, Wal Mart, Fleet Farm, TSC, etc ...... You will find the same mowers with different features, warranties, etc. under the Toro brand, the difference in model numbers is usually a suffex, like Lowe's is LO, walmart, LO, you get the picture. Point is, all things are not created equal .....
Old 05-29-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69cj View Post
I had to replace my battery sitting on the side of the I-35 in Denton TX this morning. Orileys was open, they had the battery, it was fully charged and ready to go. It was an exact fit. HD was closed...

2008 FLHTCUI
Old 05-29-2012, 09:41 AM
Road Captain

I bought the Deka big crank from Batterymart and very pleased so far - also bought a battery tender as well to help extend the life of the battery.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:12 AM
Senior Rider

My original battery turned 5 years old last September. Even though it lived on the tender when parked and functioned just fine, I bought a replacement just in case. Grabbed mine in March from these guys on Ebay for $90 shipped. Installed this past weekend, its identical in size and shape, cant tell any difference at all when starting, etc., either.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deka-ETX30L-...794258&vxp=mtr
Old 05-29-2012, 10:12 AM

P

Tags
2012, agm, battery, big, crank, davidson, etx30l, etx30la, harley, hd, limited, nh, oreilly, oreillys, replacement, review