Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No brake light or turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 03:06 PM
tourglider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got it figured out! The accessory fuse blew. I called Jerry at Fletchers HD and he told me to check that and that was it so big thanks to Jerry and Fletchers!! And thanks to you all for the advice. Now just to find out what made it blow! But I have a feeling it is the LED accent lights I installed. Dont know why it would happen because the lights are connected to the battery but other than that they are not connected to the bike in any way. But I know me and I installed them

Old 04-02-2012, 04:05 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by tourglider
Got it figured out! The accessory fuse blew. I called Jerry at Fletchers HD and he told me to check that and that was it so big thanks to Jerry and Fletchers!! And thanks to you all for the advice. Now just to find out what made it blow! But I have a feeling it is the LED accent lights I installed. Dont know why it would happen because the lights are connected to the battery but other than that they are not connected to the bike in any way. But I know me and I installed them
If your LEDs are wired directly to your battery, then they'll have their own inline fuse. I would definitely be concerned about what blew the fuse.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:11 PM
tourglider
Tourer

I agree, something is going on. The LED's do have their own in line fuse. A few weeks ago I left to go to work and I turned the LED's on then started the bike and it blew the fuse for the LED's. Don't understand why that would happen, only happened once. So something is going on, now I just gotta find it.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:36 AM
mfglideman
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have an 07 ultra classic and last night while out for a short ride, the radio went blank, then I noticed no turn signal so I pulled over and sure enough no brake lights either. The lights blinked when the security armed. of course the owners manual is worthless for this sort of thing. I sure hope this dosent turn into one of those impossible to figure out PITA's.

The following users liked this post:
Stratattack (02-01-2021)
Old 04-04-2012, 11:48 AM
cromagnon
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I bet when you replace the blown fuse, it will happen again in "short" time.
You have a chafed wire somewhere that is rubbing against metal. I bet it's inside your fairing somewhere. Good luck with that.
I had same problem on my road king. Took apart the headlight nacelle and there it was right on the top rubbing against the metal inside the headlight housing. Used some liquid tape to seal it and some nylon ties to hold the wires away. Like I said ... good luck with that.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by tourglider
Must be with that 07 UC color scheme same thing happened to mine and it was fuse like you said but then cruise on off switch light on dash stop working dealer replaced it under ESP.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:12 PM
Tirpitz
Cruiser

I had this problem on my 08 Ultra and found wires that were rubbing the left fairing bracket inside the fairing. Taped the bare wires and put some tape on the bracket and not problems since.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:53 AM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I am experiencing this on my 2010 FLHP, did not have this problem until recently, and it was after a wash. The only thing that has changed is new bars. So I have a feeling when the dealer extended the wires, something is bare and when it got wet it shorted out. Will know soon as it is going in next week. But it is the accessory fuse on mine that blows a 15A fuse.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:46 AM
katobird
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I lost my acc fuse and had no turn signals,but had head and tail light...

L/h side under side cover

Old 04-06-2012, 08:46 AM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine turned out to be a chaffed wire in the handlebars...fixed under warranty because I had the dealership change out the bars and grips back in the day.

Quick Reply: No brake light or turn signals