Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clormania Price Quote

Old 04-03-2012, 11:37 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts
Default Clormania Price Quote

So I sent an email to Colormania requesting a quote to piant my Klockwerks front fender. Due to the color of my bike being Tequila Sunrise, I've been having a hard time finding local painters. Here is the Colormaia reply:

"Yes, we are able to paint your new front fender. Since the actual paint code for the Tequila Sunrise is not yet available, we require that you send us a piece of your bike that has the Tequila Sunrise color. A side covers works great for us. With your piece here, we guarantee excellent color match. If it is not, we pay for round trip shipping and redo paint.
Cost for single color Tequila Sunrise paint on your Klock Werks front fender is $650 (includes additional bodywork needed on aftermarket parts to make smooth like OEM) and complete within 1-2 weeks.
Also for your consideration, we can paint your new front fenders exactly like the stock OEM front fender. Cost is $850 and complete within 2 weeks."

Please take note of the $650 cost...are they ****ing crazy? $650 to paint a fender!

Old 04-03-2012, 11:58 AM
kyleplusitunes
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't like the price don't pay it. Sounds like its a new color and it will take a lot of work to get it right. Did you get a price quote on a box of tissue?

Old 04-03-2012, 12:00 PM
barkingspud
Cruiser

Does that price include a "happy ending"?

Old 04-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

It's not a bad deal really... They do good work and guarantee a color match. You might get it cheaper but will the quality be as good?

Old 04-03-2012, 12:07 PM
ThunderBueller
Road Master

They are right in line price wise with Gunslinger who do CVO and P & A Limited paint sets for Harley.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:11 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

Thanks for the replies, I guess the price isn't too high then

Old 04-03-2012, 12:17 PM
thenewrage
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude that price is rediculous. I had my kw front fender painted, lower fairings, a windshield, wind deflectors and rear fascia painted to match my custom paint for less than that. I bet my painter would match that paint for less than that.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Suggeston: Post a question asking if anyone has had the Tequilla Sunrise done and if the color match was excellent, then get a quote from that painter. The Colormania price is probably somewhat high because they'll need to do a lot of spray outs to find the right color match--the fact that your color has solids in the color makes it more complicated to find the right mix.

Also, aftermarket fender typically require some bodywork (IIRC it's called "wiping" the fender) to eliminate the flaws in the metal from the stamping process.

Good luck with your project.

Carl

Old 04-03-2012, 12:54 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

not out of line at that price

Old 04-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Colormania
Banned

I'm telling our hard working CS agents you called them "are they ****ing crazy?"....I bet they will want $2000 after that...

Please consider this; the color on your bike is a 3 stage paint and the challenge with matching these is getting the color to match under all light conditions! Many painters can match the color to look good under the sunlight, but on a cloudy day you might see a big difference. Often the color matches from one angle, but if you go to the otherside of the bike, the color does not match. Any experienced painter who has worked with 3 stge paint can confirm this.

It will take more time to prepare the color for your fender than painting it!

At Colormania we guarantee perfect color match and also warranty the materials and craftsmanship for 5 years in writing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clormania Price Quote