Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wanting to hear some tunes on the Road King

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 01:49 PM
aces25
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by etstrine
Only 2 states outlaw ear buds and 7 others limit them. Also, once you get used to using them you can feel when you need to shift.
http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/...wyLawChart.pdf
+1, I do the earbuds on occasion as well. A decent set will isolate wind noise so you don't have to crank them.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As mentioned, you probably won't be happy w/o a fairing. I would agree with that.

Shakey

Old 04-09-2012, 02:33 PM
oasis03
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Scala rider G4 is the best setup i have found. FM radio is very good and I also have an MP3 player. I don't talk on the phone and ride. If I get a call I can pull over an look to see who's calling and return the call If I wan't to talk to them. My motorcycle time is MY time.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Nirvana
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Only 2 states outlaw ear buds and 7 others limit them. Also, once you get used to using them you can feel when you need to shift.
I don't think the same applies to drivers and motorcyclists. At least in my state it is illegal to wear earbuds or headphones while driving.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:50 PM
FrankC
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ear buds with my ipod in my pocket. run the cord under your shirt so it doesnt flap around in the breeze. never had a problem and since they are made to keep the sound out, they dont have to be cranked up.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:03 PM
fenderzig
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I run HD's Boom handlebar mounted system. It's great for what I need! The speakers fit just inside my windshield so I can use them with the shield on or off. The sound quality is great but it does get slightly drowned out by the wind. I mainly run an iPod through it but my iPhone works too and it has various radio apps on it. Here are a few pics for reference...

Old 04-09-2012, 03:05 PM
zion
Tourer

Your chart is correct, but the interpretation may be off. The chart says "Helmet Speakers". It may be a case of semantics, but I'm pretty sure a majority of states prohibit "earbuds" while operating a vehicle. So I'd be careful in trusting it's okay.

Not to say I don't use earbuds from time to time

Old 04-09-2012, 04:32 PM
eland
Advanced

Originally Posted by Maury
I have the Scala rider and the bluetooth connection to my phone allows me to listen to my music on my phone or listen to FM radio.

be safe out there!
I think I am going to try this route first and see how I like it. I would still like to hear some other suggestions.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:32 PM
68 Shovelking
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think I've settled on the HD Boom Audio windshield mounted system. Many who have had both report it works better than the bar mount system, and I figure I probably won't hear any stereo if the windsheild is removed anyway. May not be the end all, but looks like good quality, and I like the factory looking controls. Plenty of youtube clips of these out there.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:31 PM
mnwinter
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a RKC using Cycle Sounds handlebar mount speakers plugged into Garmin Zumo. Works good around town with the volume at maybe 60%. Any volume setting higher than say 70% of maximum and you really miss the lack of bass. So, kind of weak at highway speeds. No radio stations just an MP3 player. Still. I like it and would do it again.

Quick Reply: Wanting to hear some tunes on the Road King