Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xied's Question

Old 04-15-2012, 06:48 AM
flhtupser
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xied's Question

I am running xied's on my '09 Ultra. Stock air box with Vance&Hines twin slash slip-ons. Local dealer had a special yesterday on his new dyno so I got afr,hp, and torque readings. I told the tuner she was stock so when he finished he said "you're running something on there". After explaining what xied's are and what they do he said they are doing exactly what I described they should do. My question is if I add a stage one air cleaner will my xied's still keep it running as it is now. I'm thinking of going with the Fuel Moto billet air cleaner.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:28 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes they will. No problem.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:32 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 393 Likes on 335 Posts

I've had great results with xieds.

for an air cleaner, the ness big sucker is the bang for buck winner ( they all flow more air than the bike can ever use)- the ness comes with a chrome backing plate which complements the motor ( rather than a cast-grey) and a washable, oiled filter.

about $120 shipped on ebay from easternpc.

Mike

Old 04-15-2012, 07:55 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Amazing, I'm surprised he didn't jump all over you and tell you they do nothing and you can buy the stuff they are made of for three dollars at Radio Shack.
Seriously, I run Xied's also. Have for three years now with good result's. You will be ok with adding an air cleaner. I bought the Arlen ness Big Sucker for 109.00 off Ebay and painted the gray backplate flat black. It's made in the USA and has a K&N type filter. They look identical but the K&N won't interchange with the A/N. Hole pattern is different.

Last edited by Ronp42; 04-15-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:43 AM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

Xied's are great for stock and stage 1 bikes. I ran them until I installed my cams. No need to waste bucks on a tuner!

Old 04-15-2012, 09:05 AM
husky
Banned

Originally Posted by flhtupser
I am running xied's on my '09 Ultra. Stock air box with Vance&Hines twin slash slip-ons. Local dealer had a special yesterday on his new dyno so I got afr,hp, and torque readings. I told the tuner she was stock so when he finished he said "you're running something on there". After explaining what xied's are and what they do he said they are doing exactly what I described they should do. My question is if I add a stage one air cleaner will my xied's still keep it running as it is now. I'm thinking of going with the Fuel Moto billet air cleaner.
Can you post the dyno results?

Old 04-15-2012, 09:11 AM
BeavisRules
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I finished my Stage 1 yesterday on my 2012 Road Glide with Bassini slip-ons, screaming eagle air cleaner and XIEDs.

I took the bike for a spin and it is running very well. No pinging, popping, backfiring or anything of that nature. I would highly recommend the XIEDs because they do seem to work.

I will probably keep this setup for the next 2 years until the warranty expires. Then it will be time to put in cams and such.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:00 AM
h-d wrencher
Stellar HDF Member
Received 796 Likes on 302 Posts

I have the Ness Big Sucker and Rush slip-ons and bought XIEDS in Daytona. Best mod I've bought so far. Only takes 10 min. to install. (Unless you drop a grounding post nut and can't find it...... then add an hour to installation time!!!).

Old 04-15-2012, 10:09 AM
ebigfish
Road Captain

Originally Posted by flhtupser
My question is if I add a stage one air cleaner will my xied's still keep it running as it is now. I'm thinking of going with the Fuel Moto billet air cleaner.
It works for me!

4" Rineharts, FM billet AC, and the Xied...

really woke up the 103.

Sweet combo!

Old 04-15-2012, 10:57 AM
flhtupser
Tourer

Thanks for the replies! I figured I'd be good to go with the air cleaner. It dyno'd weak at 63 hp and 79 torque and the afr was spot on at 13.8. He had never heard of xied's but was noticeably impressed at their function. As was I. It was a well spent 40 bucks to know they are doing as intended. I hope to maybe get +5 on hp and torque with the air cleaner. Thanks again guys!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Xied's Question