Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

P

Old 04-17-2012, 12:11 AM
Default 2011 FLHX Reduced Reach Handlebar Options

Reaching out to the forum for some ideas before I go to the stealership - very little/zero faith in what my local dealer tells me (been burned multiple times already).
I am new to the SG from a Heritage. Love the SG (and the Heritage - great bike!) but would liike to get the handlebars back a little and a more narrow grip - 5' 7" and feeling like I am "steering" a wheel barrel around. Everything I have seen so far in replacing the handlebars mentions having to get new mirrors mounted on the bars or on the fairing since I have the mirrors in the fairing.
Am I missing something? No other bar options? Riser options (least get the bar back - done the custom seat already)? Guess I could go to the doc and ask for longer arms.....
Thanks in advance for the help!
Mike
Old 04-17-2012, 12:11 AM

P