Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

Welcome to HDForums.com!

P

Old 04-17-2012, 08:33 AM
Extreme HDF Member

I have the Garmin XM antenna and have what I consider poor reception too. I had my antenna mounted under the fairing also. It comes in most of the time, but will occasionally fade in and out, it does this in open areas where there are no visible obstructions.

2014 Electra Glide Limited
2012 Heritage Classic.
Both are a work in progress.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:20 AM
Road Warrior

Can the Pandora be controlled by the HD IPOD interface?
Thanks
Old 04-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Extreme HDF Member

Try your stock antenna outside your fairing. If that doesn't help I'd say you have a connection problem or a bad unit.

I bought the HD XM module for my 2008 Street Glide, it worked great with the antenna inside the fairing.
I transfered it when I traded for a 2009 Street Glide, it worked great with the antenna inside the fairing.
I then transfered it to a 2012 CVO Street Glide and the reception sucked so bad it was useless. Same unit, same atenna location couldn't use it.

I then moved the stock XM antenna to oustside the fairing and it is working better than ever.

It fits perfect between my windshield bags and can hardly be seen unless you just have your nose where it doesn't belong. lol
Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...201280x960.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t...191280x960.jpg
Old 02-01-2013, 08:14 AM
Hang Around
Default Poor XM Reception

I can get channels in my garage too. But driving north my reception is awful, depends on which way I am turning too. have zero issues with my Sirius reception in either truck with the roof mount magnetic antenna. Maybe it is an XM issue. Ticks me off though.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Club Member
Send a message via Yahoo to Lowcountry Joe

You have either a bad antenna lead or bad receiver sensitivity or both. RF travels through plastic, so having the antenna under the faring cap should not be an issue as long as there are no metallic items (wires or brackets) between the antenna and the plastic of the faring.

I had XM for years in my Yukon. Never a reception problem anywhere. I hate XM radio these days...it's over priced, full of commercials, and now they have damn DJs. I'll never subscribe again, especially since I carry about 6000 mp3s along for the ride in my Zumo!! Too much free stuff out there as well with Pandora, etc. Goodbye forever XM! (and God help you if you ever try to close your account with them)
Agitator 19/18, Agitator air cleaner, Arc 125-4 w/Rokkers and Polks - Rev Precision EMS-Fuel Moto 2-1-2 - 4.5" Jackpot Pro-Touring- Andrews 57H, Gatermans, SE Compensator - Baker Attitude Adjuster -Jagg Oil Cooler - Ohlin's #6 - 12" VStream - Dual Bulb Halogen - SS SpeedBleeders - Lyndall Gold+ - Mustang Saddle - Zumo 550 - Bomm Audio phone interface - HK audio mod - Hi/Lo electric horns -Painted inner faring w/ dash- LED mirrors & trim - Airwing rack & bag guards - Deluxe Tour Pak hinges/latches -Ride Time Tech lights-Brukus bag/seat locks-Brukus kickshoe -LED signal bar - FCS cooling + V twin theme
Old 02-01-2013, 09:38 AM

P

Tags
alarm, antenna, bag, davidson, garmin, harley, king, pandora, poor, radio, reception, road, signal, sirius, xm