Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More heat

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 02:36 AM
BamaBoyjc
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which oil cooler did you go with. When I get my RKC in a couple months that's one of the first things I will do since I'm in Las Vegas and will be doing performance mods. I ask b/c I've been seeing a lot of guys talk about the Oil Bud. Thanks for any info you can provide on which product you chose.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:34 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ASPHALT WARRIOR
i had it at 14 all the way across now its at 13.5 and autotune is making its trim adjustments bike barely goes over 200 now with a oil cooler and royal purple 20-50 runs strong as hell i will run it like this for a few days n check the trims again save that map for city and make a 14 for highway
Even though the OEM tune is considered too lean by most, but it is only "lean" in the cruise range, at 14.6 AFR. Outside the cruise range, the map transitions to a progressive enrichment up through WOT. At a fixed 14.0 across the board you were leaner and weaker than stock tune everywhere outside the cruise range, even at 13.5 fixed you are still running leaner and weaker than stock in a lot of the map, where it really counts when you're getting on it hard. On acceleration outside the cruise range, you are making more heat and less power than a stock tune. With a fixed A/F value across the map, you have disabled the advance fuel management capability of your EFI, even a carburetor has 2 fuel rates via jets, but EFI functioning as its intended has countless fuel rates that transition throughout ever changing operating conditions for precise fuel metering to best accommodate the conditions for that particular moment in time. Your "flat" map is less effective than a carburetor. I'm not sure how you came up with the idea to do the flat map but you should consider reading up on EFI to understand how it works, and take full advantage of your new tuning device. No professional tuner would ever use this "fixed” AFR value map method. Your bike can run a lot better. Just to be clear I’m not bustin’ ***** here, just letting you know that the tuning method you are using is highly ineffective.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:00 PM
ASPHALT WARRIOR
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes its fixed but the autotune has already made trims to what it should be thats the beauty of autotune and its wide band sensors it will dial it in on its own and as for the oil cooler it was a 10 row harley oem and its made by jagg fyi

Old 04-27-2012, 02:01 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

yes its fixed but the autotune has already made trims to what it should be thats the beauty of autotune and its wide band sensors it will dial it in on its own and as for the oil cooler it was a 10 row harley oem and its made by jagg fyi
If you set your whole map to 13.5, then the auto tune is adjusting to accomplish that target, it's "dialing in" for 13.5, which is what you told it to do, the beauty of auto tune is that it helps you do what you tell it to. The cooler must be either a Jagg 10 row, or an HD OEM, not both. Jagg doesn't make an OEM 10 row for Harley, they only make their own brand.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:40 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Jagg hasn't made oil coolers for HD for over 5 years.