Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

Welcome to HDForums.com!

P

Old 07-30-2012, 02:51 PM
Club Member

My local dealer is insalling this Stage IV kit (part 92500011) as I write this thread. This kit apparently was released in February of this year and does not appear in the 2012 catalogs. Says it fits '10 and later touring bikes with a 103 but can upgrade from a 96 with additional purchase of big bore cyclinders. The thing that sold me besides specs of 103hp and 110 ft-lbs is that it "will maintain the factory warranty". I still have about 3 years of warranty left so that was a HUGE selling point. This is my first engine build EVER. Its unnerving to see my bike apart and missing its heads.
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by reidmart1; 08-20-2012 at 03:00 PM..
Old 07-30-2012, 06:00 PM
One Of The Regulars

I am running a very similar set-up. The SE-Pro Stage VI did not have a trottlebody compatible with the electronic throttle on the 2012's, so I did the SE Pro Stage III and added the Factory CNC Ported heads with the head exchange program. So, the biuld included the 10.5:1 Pistons, SERT, 259E Cams and the CNC Heads. It was installed before I took delivery, so the dealer is covering under the manufacturers warranty I have not had it dyno'ed yet, but it pulls great and has plenty of passing strength at highway speeds. I love it. I am concerned about long term reliability, but I paln on purchasing the extended warranty. I can tell you the gas mileage is less than stock, but what do you expect if your are installing race parts.

I believe the main difference between the race kit and the street legal kit is the SE Tuner. They porbably just have a download with the street legal one.
2012 FLHX - Vivid Black, SE Stage IV 103 w/ SE 259E Cams, SE Heavy Breather, Vance and Hines Power Duals w/ Hi-output Slip-ons, Progressive Mono-tube Front Susp., HD Premium Rear Shocks, Boom Audio speakers, etc....
Old 08-06-2012, 08:07 AM
Club Member
Default The Numbers are In

I just got my bike back from the dealer after the install of the 103 SE Stage IV kit (92500011). The bike dyno'd at 106hp and 112ft-lbs. Wow! I immediatley loved the sound of idle. You can hear the cams tuggin for fuel. When I hit the road the bike was ready to surge. It really punches now in all gears and I reached 100mph easily. Start-ups are fine; no stalls at idle. Accelerates and decelerates smoothly; no popping just pure rumble. No heating issues. Surprisingly little effect on fuel economy. After 500 miles I'm averaging 38mpg mostly highway.

Last edited by reidmart1; 08-20-2012 at 03:02 PM..
Old 08-06-2012, 08:07 AM

P

Tags
103, 92500011, davidson, harley, harleydavidson, hd, se, stage, stage4