Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

P

Old 05-02-2012, 10:10 PM
One Of The Regulars
Exclamation 2001 Harley Roadking Alarm Issues

The other day, I started my bike and when I turned on the switch, the turn signals started blinking like the alarm was engaged. After 30 seconds, it went off. The bike started with no issues.

I never engage the alarm and always keep the key fob in my rear crashbar bag by itself.

Does anyone know how to get it to stop blinking? It is annoying... I tried turning the alarm on and then back off. This didnt help.. Any suggestions will be appreciated..

Thanks,

J
Old 05-03-2012, 06:56 AM
One Of The Regulars

Could it be a loose wire or something more simple ?? Ive never seen a bike do this
Old 05-03-2012, 08:02 AM
One Of The Regulars

I have an older Road King also, an 05. My fob has a button on it that must be pressed, once to arm the alarm, and twice (quickly) to disarm it. Merely keeping the fob in close proximity will not do anything with the older RK's. That's a feature of the newer machines.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:25 PM
One Of The Regulars

Also, the bike was converted to a carb last yr with no problems until 3 days ago.. It sat for 2 weeks... does the bike have a fuse to disengage the alarm? If so, pulling it would be the way to go for now.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Premium Sponsor
Send a message via AIM to Hogpro

Press the button two times quickly and that will disable the alarm.
hogpro@gmail.com
Old 05-03-2012, 09:04 PM
One Of The Regulars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogpro View Post
Press the button two times quickly and that will disable the alarm.
It disables it but everytime I turn the ign. switch on, the turn signals blink 4 times and goes off.. Its not giving a problem, but it just started doing that. I have never used the alarm.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Road Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by asheborogn View Post
It disables it but everytime I turn the ign. switch on, the turn signals blink 4 times and goes off.. Its not giving a problem, but it just started doing that. I have never used the alarm.
I think it's telling you that there is a trouble code stored in the ecm.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:35 PM
One Of The Regulars

The ecm is gone.. converted it to a carb
Old 05-04-2012, 08:20 AM
One Of The Regulars

Had a '01 EGC with the same problem. First check the battery in the alarm unit itself. Mine was located on the right side, just under the seat. Access to the battery is tough, need to pry the cover off and then tape it back down. I believe it uses a 9v battery. Sorry to say, but I eventually had to have mine replaced by the dealer. Had a new alarm system installed. Might want to consider having the unit pulled altogether if you are not using it.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:27 PM
One Of The Regulars

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendragon52 View Post
Had a '01 EGC with the same problem. First check the battery in the alarm unit itself. Mine was located on the right side, just under the seat. Access to the battery is tough, need to pry the cover off and then tape it back down. I believe it uses a 9v battery. Sorry to say, but I eventually had to have mine replaced by the dealer. Had a new alarm system installed. Might want to consider having the unit pulled altogether if you are not using it.
Does it say Delphi on it? sorry for all the questions... I will probably be pulling the entire alarm system before too long... Wonder if I replace the turn signal/alarm module with a turn sig. module without the alarm with it... I hate it when something likes this happens..
Old 05-04-2012, 03:27 PM

P