Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Complete Exhaust vs new headers and slip ons. Apologize in advance

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 09:59 AM
brandss
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Complete Exhaust vs new headers and slip ons. Apologize in advance

Guys
I really tried to search the forum for the answers but everytime I think I've found the answer, the thread gets hijacked and goes in so many directions, I don't know what I'm reading. I have an 09 SG

1. I always thought complete systems provided better sound, performance, and looks. True or False
2. Rinehart Extremes put less heat on the legs because the left exhaust goes under the bike, not through. True or False
3. If I add a complete system, I will have to remap the bike. True or False
4. The average person can add the new exhaust (have tools, do most work myself excluding engine work). True or False

And since it's Friday and I'm in a good mood...
I bought a parrot that could talk, he forgot to tell me he was hungry, and died.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:03 AM
slammed05fatty
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1) depends on what you get
2)true
3)true to have it at best performance
4) true

im sure therer will be ppl who think diff on this but that is my understanding and my knowledge of the questions

Old 05-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Sallyman
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brandss
Guys
I really tried to search the forum for the answers but everytime I think I've found the answer, the thread gets hijacked and goes in so many directions, I don't know what I'm reading. I have an 09 SG

1. I always thought complete systems provided better sound, performance, and looks. True or False

True - but I think you're going astray thinking a complete system is something different than new headers and slipons - that's all it is.

2. Rinehart Extremes put less heat on the legs because the left exhaust goes under the bike, not through. True or False

True - if I remember correctly that's how my rineharts were on my 09 but also true duals in general will let the exhaust flow more freely reducing heat as well.

3. If I add a complete system, I will have to remap the bike. True or False

True to a certain extent - some say you can some say you can't - would.

4. The average person can add the new exhaust (have tools, do most work myself excluding engine work). True or False

True - changing slipons is very easy, changing headpipes not so much but certainly not a stretch.

And since it's Friday and I'm in a good mood...
I bought a parrot that could talk, he forgot to tell me he was hungry, and died.
Good luck!

Old 05-18-2012, 12:06 PM
redman2636
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2) I thought 09 and newer went under and 08 and older went through regardless of brand?