Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

88 ci Spanked 103 ci

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 06:29 AM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Don't know why the op is baffled....

"Worked" my '99 Road King last year ('bout this time.) Gear driven cams, flowed heads, big bore... on and on... Made it a blast to ride! Spanked other 96" and 103"s on a regular basis. Toured all over the southeast on it as well.

Riding as much as I do, decided on the Ultimate Touring Harley (yep, I said ULTIMATE)... Road Glide Ultra. The stock 103" is a complete SLUG! Found that I'd ride my King more often than my new "ultimate ride."

Changed the a/c, pipes, slip-ons, 254E cams, and TTS. Took the Roady down to Florida and had one of the premier tuners in the nation (Doc) tune it up... The King "may" hang with it into second gear, after that... it's all over.

The King no longer gets riden, and is up for sale.

If that 88" didn't "pull ya," (and yours is stock) his 88" ain't a "thumper" anyway.

As far a hotroddin' a touring bike...

Don't consider mine a "hotrod." But she's now able to breath, and the epa's choke has been eliminated... what a blast to ride now! All the comfort and power ya need. 80 mph floatin' down the slab, knockin' down 42 mpg...

They're lots of fun after "corrected."

Beav

Old 05-08-2012, 07:21 AM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam2010
How is that spanked????
That's what I was thinkin'

Originally Posted by jsims002
Why the obsession with HP and speed on a touring rig? I'm in absolutely no hurry at all on mine.
Originally Posted by TheArchitect
This is America, we stripped the fenders off our bicycles when we were kids to see if they'd go faster (and to get that cool chopped look), when we turned 15 we flipped the air cleaner lids upside down on the family car so we could hear that whooshing sound from the 4 barrel (and maybe make it a little faster too) and our parents wondered why they started going through tires so much faster when we got our licenses, when we finally got our own cars we put cams, intakes, bigger carbs, glass packs and 60 series polyglas tires on them (didn't matter whether the car was a Camaro or Grand Prix). This is the country that sells supercharger kits for Honda Trail 50's and Go Karts! If it's got a motor then we try to make it faster, it's just the way things are A Street Glide weighs around 850 pounds, if you can pump it up to say 110 horsepower then you're looking at the same power-to-weight ratio as a supercharged Shelby. And you've still got reliability, 40+ MPG, and touring capabilities. My question is who WOULDN'T want that?
Wow! You just wrote the story of my life!