Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do not buy from direct harley parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 157 Posts

Frank dont make the cable. Yet praised the makers of the cracked cable.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:11 AM
Armstronges
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sam2010
Don't think he was upset about the cable. It was the sh@?!ty customer service.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:17 AM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam2010
IMO sending out **** parts is bad too.. He cant look at it and see if it has the same issue that he's replacing the other one for? Common sense isnt so common.. Some one complains about a part the first thing I'd do is look at the one I was sending to replace it.. Sounds like plain laziness..

Old 05-10-2012, 11:24 AM
ernster500
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just bought over 1k in parts from them and got to meet Frank and a few of the staff in person. Great experience for me thus far.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:27 AM
JJHOG
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have ordered two big ticket items from DHP. Jagg Fan Assisted low mount 10 row oil cooler + Oil Filter Adapter and most recently the Progressive Monotube Front Fork Kit. I am happy to report that each item arrived within a week of ordering, both were in perfect condition and therefore I'm happy with the service delivered. It's too bad that others have had unhappy experiences.

Direct Harley Parts has really great pricing. For those of you that want to give them a short but are skeptical because of posts such as this I suggest you give them a try, ask if the item you want to purchase is in stock and when you should expect to see it shipped and if you will be provided with an email shipping notice with tracking number and finally use your credit card. If the item doesn't show up or is damaged and you're not getting the service you expect after contacting DHP, then simply go online to your Credit Card Company and contest the charge. It will come off of you statement pending outcome of resolving the contested charge.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:28 AM
hairbone
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I PREFER TO LOOK SOMEONE IN THE FACE AND GET THE WHOLE STORY WHEN I ORDER PARTS, THAT'S WHY I GO TO A SHOP THAT WILL MATCH INTERNET PRICES. http://BOARSNESTCHOPPERS.COM FOR EXAMPLE

Old 05-10-2012, 11:39 AM
PKS98S
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear of the problems posted. I had my first experience with DHP, placing an order on the morning of 5/3 and very shortly after received an email confirming receipt of the order. Approximately 5 hrs. later received another email confirming the order, and the next morning on 5/4 received a shipping confirmation with tracking number. Received the part on 5/9 in Florida. From my first experience, nothing but good. The unfortunate thing is you don't get a second chance at first impressions. Good customer service, or lack of it, dictates the success or failure of a customer-driven business. It's unfortunate to read about these situations after having such a positive first experience but it can only weigh on any future considerations.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:03 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 124 Posts

I have used them several times and never had an issue , sorry to hear you did

Old 05-10-2012, 01:51 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Just bought a TBW extension for my apes from them (my first purchase) Im installing and purchase went seemlessly with no issues....try to work it out with them and then if they dont seem to care, everyone should stay away. Everyone should have the opportunity to make it right....give em that opp..

Old 05-10-2012, 03:39 PM
geopac
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered the Hog Tunes amp and front speakers for my streetglide last week and they arrived yesterday. So far so good, packaging was great and so was the communication. I also emailed them after my purchase and mentioned I heard about them on this forum and they reduced my price.

Quick Reply: Do not buy from direct harley parts