Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do not buy from direct harley parts

Old 05-10-2012, 08:01 AM
JWDMAX
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Do not buy from direct harley parts

I just wanted to let everyone know about my horrible experiences with Direct Harley Parts.com. I ordered PYO monkey bars, Magnum black pearl brake lines and clutch cable. I found out that the clutch cable had small cracks in the shielding that would allow moisture into the cable when I washed the bike. I called Frank @ DHP and he said he would send me another clutch cable out asap. After numerous weeks of calling frank ( because he will never return all call to you even when he clearly says he will call you back in a minute, he will not) I still had nothing. He never could give me a tracking number for this apparent replacement cable he shipped out. After several more weeks and dealing with Frank (the liar and poor businessman) he finally overnighted me a cable and supplied me a tracking number. This cable arrived and it was cracked even worse than the original cable. Back to square one with Frank again. I sent him pictures and he said he would send me another cable. To make a long story short I continued to follow up with him weekly on my 2nd replacement cable and I still do not have it today. 2+ months have gone by. Since I have come to the conclusion that I will never see this cable and Frank @ DHP is a terrible businessman I decided to call the mfg Magnum Shielding. The people @ magnum knew who Frank was and understood my problem. They have sent me a new cable for replacement.

I want everyone to be aware that if you buy from Direct Harley Parts saving the $5 is not worth it. Frank is a liar!!!!! I even had my girlfriend buy stuff from him and he claimed it shipped and in 3 weeks she still didn't have it but yet he can't supply a tracking number.

Thank you to Magnum Shielding for stepping up and taking care of this issue. They let me know that frank has only placed 2 orders recently and none of them were for my +6 cable. I can't repeat this enough "Frank is a liar and full of empty promises". On the other had I hope that nobody buys from DHP again. If Frank treats his customers like this and calls this "customer service" he doesn't need our business.

Beware and keep this post going!
DHP is Worthless and do yourself a favor and buy from someone else so you don't have these issues.

Ride safe!!!!!

Old 05-10-2012, 08:06 AM
Auckland
Tourer

There is a recent thread about issues with DHP. I wan't going to buy from them but they came on the forum and stated they had staffing issues and hired more people. I was going to spend over $1,000 there but called them 1st and found out they only had 1 of the items in stock. I went ahead and bought the RSD Turbine intake. It arrived 5 days later just like they said it would. I will give them another chance in the future.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:11 AM
trosel238
Cruiser

I highly recommend House of Harley out of Milwaukee. I've ordered online from them and all of their oem parts are discounted. I bought the chrome front end kit for my FLHX and it was discounted 20%. Saved aroundv$100. I had one situation where they sent the wrong part and they resolved it very quickly. Great pricing and great customer service.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:32 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 780 Posts

Seems to be a trend here. Guess I will stay away from this vendor. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:43 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Since DHP only sells merchandise that is packaged up from the manufacturer, how is it their fault that the cable housings were cracked?
As far as the poor customer service, well that's another huge issue that will kill any business in short order.
I got great pricing and fast shipping from them, so I have no complaints with them.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:48 AM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
Since DHP only sells merchandise that is packaged up from the manufacturer, how is it their fault that the cable housings were cracked?
As far as the poor customer service, well that's another huge issue that will kill any business in short order.
I got great pricing and fast shipping from them, so I have no complaints with them.
+1. DHP can't control the quality of the products it sells. But it can control its presence and customer service.

You would figure that being a sponsor here, they'd understand that concept. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:51 AM
Roadie53
Road Captain

I had the same problems there also with Frank.Doing mods on my RK and tried giving him 3 chances of exchanges on parts I ordered and I finally told him what I thought of their business after sending everything back including the one item I actually recieved that was right.
Will never do ANY business with them again.
This was 4 months ago.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:56 AM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Threads like this one will kill a small companies business. I've already dropped around $1500 on my new Street Glide, but because of the complaints I did not go with DHP. It's too bad, since they have the best prices, but once you read about problems why take a chance? They need a few more positive threads to build up their reputation, IMO.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:15 AM
drewski1325
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not dealt with DHP but I did deal with "Wallys Cycle World". Someone on the forum said DHP is the former Wallys Cycle World. I had a problem getting a PM brake rotor from Wallys. Waited 3 months. Several calls to them and basically got told "too bad." I put the charge on my credit card in contest and all of a sudden I got my brake rotor. Maybe just a coincidence but you might give it a try.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:27 AM
2004Sierra
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is Great News!!!!

I just ordered a Jagg 10 row cooler with fan and adapter from DHP yesterday.

I read the other thread before and thought that maybe everything was cool with DHP.

Well, we'll see how it goes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do not buy from direct harley parts