Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour pack lights found on EBAY?

Old 05-18-2012, 05:02 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

got my light and tryed to install it and the sides on the wrap are smaller for one thing won't fit my 07 so back it gos

Old 05-19-2012, 05:19 PM
wolf1956
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, I finished installing the LED Tour pack light that I got off of Ebay. I went with the chrome version. I wasn't sure just what I was going to be getting when I ordered the light and all I got was just the light. There were no instructions or any type of mounting hardware. However, it wasn't hard to figure out how it mounted. Since I have a 2012 Road Glide Ultra, there were already a couple of mounting holes where my factory antennas were mounted to use a guide. Then it was just a matter of using masking tape to protect the paint and making sure that I had my measurements right before drilling the rest of the mounting holes. I had to drill five 1/4 holes for the extra mounting studs in the light kit. I then used some 1" fender washers with 3/16 holes along with nylon locking nuts (size 10 by 24 thread pitch). The outside lights are suppose to be wired as brake lights, but for now I have them wired as running lights and the center light is wired as run & brake light. Looking at the picture you will see that the outside lights are a little brighter than the center light, but they are all the same brightness when the brake are applied.

It also didn't come with any type of hardware for mounting the factory antennas to the light. The factory antenna stud from my RGU were to long for the light kit. I decided that instead of mounting the antennas on the tour pack I would try the hidden AM/FM and CB antennas from J&M CORP that mount under the fairing.

Overall, with the price for this light being about a third of what the HD light kit cost, I'm well pleased with how it came out.

Attached Thumbnails Tour pack lights found on EBAY?-tourpac1_op_800x600.jpg  
Old 05-19-2012, 07:38 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by wolf1956
OK, I finished installing the LED Tour pack light that I got off of Ebay. I went with the chrome version. I wasn't sure just what I was going to be getting when I ordered the light and all I got was just the light. There were no instructions or any type of mounting hardware. However, it wasn't hard to figure out how it mounted. Since I have a 2012 Road Glide Ultra, there were already a couple of mounting holes where my factory antennas were mounted to use a guide. Then it was just a matter of using masking tape to protect the paint and making sure that I had my measurements right before drilling the rest of the mounting holes. I had to drill five 1/4 holes for the extra mounting studs in the light kit. I then used some 1" fender washers with 3/16 holes along with nylon locking nuts (size 10 by 24 thread pitch). The outside lights are suppose to be wired as brake lights, but for now I have them wired as running lights and the center light is wired as run & brake light. Looking at the picture you will see that the outside lights are a little brighter than the center light, but they are all the same brightness when the brake are applied.

It also didn't come with any type of hardware for mounting the factory antennas to the light. The factory antenna stud from my RGU were to long for the light kit. I decided that instead of mounting the antennas on the tour pack I would try the hidden AM/FM and CB antennas from J&M CORP that mount under the fairing.

Overall, with the price for this light being about a third of what the HD light kit cost, I'm well pleased with how it came out.
so your trunk had no lights in it from the factory , they would not work on my 07 ultra and checked with my dealer today and he said the tour pack lights have the same part # from back in like 95

Last edited by 1st 96 ultra; 05-19-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:44 PM
wolf1956
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1st 96 ultra
so your trunk had no lights in it from the factory , they would not work on my 07 ultra and checked with my dealer today and he said the tour pack lights have the same part # from back in like 95
That's correct, the only lights they put on the Road Glide Ultra are the lower side marker lights.

Old 05-20-2012, 05:27 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member

so then that is what they are for is like the classic and such with no factory lights in the tour pack so you can cut your tour pack to fit , they are not replacement lights , was really disapointed because they are nice lights

Last edited by 1st 96 ultra; 05-21-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Mntsnow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This light is the same basic setup that the 2010 CVO ultra's came with which was kit # 67914-10

As for the antenna studs you can get the required shorter one's from the dealer or just shorten up the long ones with a dremel cut-off tool.

Old 05-20-2012, 08:46 PM
AbnMP13
Tourer

Looks nice Wolf.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Mntsnow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Ebay kit is a great cost effective setup for those who want to put a light kit on their chopped tourpaks as the cvo style setup is the one that will fit the chopped paks.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:22 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by wolf1956

Added the same kit just black trim not chrome. If you reverse your positive /negative wire on the corners your lights will be dimmer to match your center light when its just running. I had the same issue and tried changing and it worked perfect. I had to cut the ends they had and just twist tied mine. I also added some LED side markers to get rid of the chrome inserts. Because I have the street glide I just connected my rear lights to the side marker lights and the extra wire to make the middle light a brake light I ran the wire down and connected it seperatly to the harness under the left side cover near the fuse block. These lights a plenty bright and I installed both in about an hour.
I also have the adapters coming to make my side lights run/turn signals and the tail light to be run/turn/bake from ride time tech for all thrre not just the center.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:32 PM
RPS1981
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Would one of you guys help me out a little... I'd like to install these on my bike (Classic Tour-Pak on a Street Glide) but I'm wondering where do you connect the wires on the bike? Is there a place they plug in (i.e., unused harness that only gets used on Ultras) or do you have to splice in or connect to the acc. plug or ???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tour pack lights found on EBAY?