Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour pack lights found on EBAY?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 02:41 PM
CLL375
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There is a harness zip-tied under the left side cover. It's the same one that powers the rear fender three bar running lights. Just dig around; it's in there.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:04 PM
RPS1981
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CLL375
There is a harness zip-tied under the left side cover. It's the same one that powers the rear fender three bar running lights. Just dig around; it's in there.
Thank you!

Old 05-25-2012, 04:35 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

I find I'm using my Tourpak more and more on my SG. These lights look like what I'm looking for.

Old 05-27-2012, 04:23 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

I added them because the two turn/brake lights thats the 10 and newer steet glides have were not being noticed enough by my riding buddies all the time when I hit the brake. They said they wouldn't notice because they were either both dim or both bright un-like when turning where one is blinking and the other in not. So having an extra brake light on the tour pack that is also closer to eye level helps for safety knowing that I have a better chance someone behind me either car or bike sould be able to see my brakes better when I have the tour pack on. And because I think they look cool! Still waiting on the modules to make all three sections of the rear light work as a brake and to make it work as a urn signal, and also the one to make my side marker lights work as turn signals. After I get it all installed and working I'll get some photos up. Theres a video on youtube of what I'm looking to accomplish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERgK_PGyu9U

Same thing I just want my side markers to blink as well. And I'm digging the painted led light trim, that might be in my future?

Old 05-27-2012, 06:41 AM
CLL375
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
I added them because the two turn/brake lights thats the 10 and newer steet glides have were not being noticed enough by my riding buddies all the time when I hit the brake. They said they wouldn't notice because they were either both dim or both bright un-like when turning where one is blinking and the other in not. So having an extra brake light on the tour pack that is also closer to eye level helps for safety knowing that I have a better chance someone behind me either car or bike sould be able to see my brakes better when I have the tour pack on. And because I think they look cool! Still waiting on the modules to make all three sections of the rear light work as a brake and to make it work as a urn signal, and also the one to make my side marker lights work as turn signals. After I get it all installed and working I'll get some photos up. Theres a video on youtube of what I'm looking to accomplish.

Same thing I just want my side markers to blink as well. And I'm digging the painted led light trim, that might be in my future?

So do the Ebay lights (side maker lights) have dual intensity? I noticed that only the middle light is used as a brake light.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:00 AM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hd_rolling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERgK_PGyu9U

did mine just useing the module for the rear turn signals , put all led bulbs in the rear for less amp draw and wired the tour pack brake lights to match the turn sigs under the seat and disconnected the tail lights on the tour pack and now they work just like the turn signal , I have tail , turn and brake on the tour pack , unfortunatly the wrap around light we are talking about on here would not work on my Ultra

Old 05-28-2012, 07:49 AM
RPS1981
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Guys, I want to add this tour-pak light bar. I'm pretty handy with electrical stuff, but for those who have bought and installed it, could you talk me through the procedure for hookimg it up so you have run, stop and turn functions?

My wiring in my bike is stock 2006 FLHX.

Thanks!

Old 05-28-2012, 08:28 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

I believe you need to buy something like this as well. I have it on order just waiting for it to arrive.

http://www.ridetimetechnology.com/tp_seultra.htm

I ordered the TurnSE+ Module and

http://www.ridetimetechnology.com/flashr.htm

for the side markers.

Last edited by hd_rolling; 05-28-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:15 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Just an update, I recieved all my Ride Time Tech products and have not been able to get them to work properly. I HAVE NOT contacted the company because of a busy time line at work and I'm sure it has to do with the 2010 and newer street glides not having a center tail light and must have a stock run/brake/turn module for the two bullet brake turn lights on my street glide. The RTT web site states you must wire before any run/brake/turn module but I'm not sure were it is on the 2010 street/Road glides? Anyone have any ideas where to look? Ive looked all around the fuse panel and found the side marker lead to power my side markers and found the main light harness that has the turn leads that work correctly with a electricity checker but once I connect the modules they light up and none of the turn break features work. I'll call when I get time but thought I would ask here first to see if anyone has already asked or ran into the same issue and found the solution already.
Thanks, and I'll post some pics when I get finished and can post a pic of the lights with the dim sides and center and then the bright center when the brakes are applied if anyone cares to see what they look like when you wire up the lights oppisite what the directions call for.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:53 AM
PAPAFISH
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep us posted

Quick Reply: Tour pack lights found on EBAY?