Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour pack lights found on EBAY?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 04:14 PM
RPS1981
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
I recieved all my Ride Time Tech products and have not been able to get them to work properly.
Just a thought...

I looked at a real CVO Ultra at my dealer and turned on the lights. The chrome LED light bar on the tour-pak works as follows: center section is running light and brake light. Outer sections are running light only.

The eBay copy works differently: center section is running light and brake light, like the H-D light. However, outer sections are BRAKE light only (not running light like H-D).

My point is, if the Ride Time Technologies unit is designed for the H-D light specifically, that could explain the problem using it with the eBay light??? Just a thought.

Last edited by RPS1981; 06-14-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:27 PM
wolf1956
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those that wish to make the outside lights on this tourpack light kit work as a brake / turn lights. The kit from Harley that works for the stock Ultra tourpack WILL WORK with this light bar. I installed it on mine and all the lights come on when brakes are applied and the outside lights works as turn signals also. The center light stays the same, works as a running / brake light.

I don't have the HD part#, but if I can find the box, I will post the part#. Again this kit is for the tourpack only.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:45 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by wolf1956
Those that wish to make the outside lights on this tourpack light kit work as a brake / turn lights. The kit from Harley that works for the stock Ultra tourpack WILL WORK with this light bar. I installed it on mine and all the lights come on when brakes are applied and the outside lights works as turn signals also. The center light stays the same, works as a running / brake light.

I don't have the HD part#, but if I can find the box, I will post the part#. Again this kit is for the tourpack only.
The issue I'm having is that I have a 2010 street gilde that has a different main harness than the ultras have(New street gides have a round connecter under the fuse box and the ultras have a square connector near the rear fender). The Street glide doesnt have the middle third brake light any more and just has the two bullet run/turn/brake lights that have to have a module located somewhere on the bike, just can't find it to wire my ride time modules before the stock one.

And the ebay cheapo can be wired to act as dim or bright corner lights and a dim/bright center brake light. If you wire the lights like the picture on ebay your corners will be bright, if you reverse the wires the corners are dim and match the center brake before the brakes are applied. I assumed the corner lights might act like the side markers with the ride time modules that just turn the lights off and on no dim and brighter. But I can't even get the side marker blinkers to work.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:22 PM
wolf1956
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
The issue I'm having is that I have a 2010 street gilde that has a different main harness than the ultras have(New street gides have a round connecter under the fuse box and the ultras have a square connector near the rear fender). The Street glide doesnt have the middle third brake light any more and just has the two bullet run/turn/brake lights that have to have a module located somewhere on the bike, just can't find it to wire my ride time modules before the stock one.

And the ebay cheapo can be wired to act as dim or bright corner lights and a dim/bright center brake light. If you wire the lights like the picture on ebay your corners will be bright, if you reverse the wires the corners are dim and match the center brake before the brakes are applied. I assumed the corner lights might act like the side markers with the ride time modules that just turn the lights off and on no dim and brighter. But I can't even get the side marker blinkers to work.
I used the HD tour-pack light conversion kit part# 69200042A for my RG. I'm not real sure about the difference in the connectors between the SG and the Ultras. But this kit comes with a flasher module assembly that should work. The kit says that it makes the outside lights work as running/brake/turn lights, but with the LED light bar, the side lights work only as brake & turn and the center light is run & brake. Which was OK with me. As for wiring, I did have to hard wire some of it because even my RGU harness didn't match.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:03 PM
Cep10SG
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wolf1956
I used the HD tour-pack light conversion kit part# 69200042A for my RG. I'm not real sure about the difference in the connectors between the SG and the Ultras. But this kit comes with a flasher module assembly that should work. The kit says that it makes the outside lights work as running/brake/turn lights, but with the LED light bar, the side lights work only as brake & turn and the center light is run & brake. Which was OK with me. As for wiring, I did have to hard wire some of it because even my RGU harness didn't match.
Gents, I know this is a late post but i just happened to find it the other night. I may have a solution for your lights problem. it's a simple addition to your re-wire. You'll need 2 diodes and 1 resistor for each side light (4 diodes and 2 resistors total) and it'll attach to your positive wire (now 2 wires + 1 neg). one wire is the run and the other will be the brake light. it'll drop the voltage to dim the light like a running light and when the brakes are applied it'll be bright. I can't take credit for this since i also found it a while ago and felt pretty stupid at the simplicity of it and how i missed it (but i was pretty close by having the missing pieces by already having the diodes and resisitor values needed, I just forgot how to complete the right circuit.). i was doing the same thing to my SG but i have a chopped pack instead. i am putting together my new wires and Y splice and taking pictures of the process so i can post and help out if someone wants to do the same thing. by the way, the rear light module is a part of the lower tri bar. the rear lights are connected through the tribar then comes back out for the turn lights.

Cep

Last edited by Cep10SG; 12-10-2012 at 11:25 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-11-2012, 04:08 PM
jimsuver
Supporter

Does anyone know it the bulbs can be replaced if they burn out on the eBay light?

Old 12-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Tulsa Rambler
Advanced

can you show us a drawing of how to do the wire change using the resistors?

Old 12-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Cep10SG
Tourer

Originally Posted by jimsuver
Does anyone know it the bulbs can be replaced if they burn out on the eBay light?
Jim- yes they can be changed. how many did you lose?

Old 12-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Cep10SG
Tourer
Default circuit

Ok everyone i hope i can clarify a few things so i'll go step by step.

1. You need the following (4) diodes # IN4007, (2) 150 Ohm resistors and some 18 gauge wire. I used some wire i have for other projects. to keep things easy i used the same color code HD uses blue for run and red for brake (or turn).

2. Diodes are one directional and current will flow in one direction. Solder a diode with silver line towards the resistor (see pics). then Solder the diode using a blue wire, this is now your running light wire.

3. Solder the other diode to a red wire, this is now your turn (or brake) light wire.

4. Solder the resistor end to the diode end (see pic 4 and 5).
after you solder them, you can use heat shrink to insulate the wires from gounding out.

Attached Thumbnails Tour pack lights found on EBAY?-1.jpg   Tour pack lights found on EBAY?-2.jpg   Tour pack lights found on EBAY?-3.jpg   Tour pack lights found on EBAY?-4.jpg   Tour pack lights found on EBAY?-5.jpg  

Last edited by Cep10SG; 12-12-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:45 PM
jimsuver
Supporter

Originally Posted by Cep10SG
Jim- yes they can be changed. how many did you lose?
I have not bought one but it looks like a good deal. I just was thinking in a few years it may need a light or two.

Quick Reply: Tour pack lights found on EBAY?