Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jims force flow head cooler

Old 10-18-2014, 12:12 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,370 Likes on 4,000 Posts

I have Jason's product (FCS Wardspartswerks) and I am totally happy with his product and his excellent customer service.

I looked at the Jim's Forceflow fans when they were first introduced. There was a thread on this forum, I can't seem to find it, about the Jim's fan. Apparently, the poster contacted Jim's about warranty and was told there wasn't one... just contact them if there's a problem after install and they would decide what to do.

That's all second hand info, but with numerous posts about Jason standing behind his product, I went with his fans .... no regrets.

While it's totally subjective, I think that Jason's fans are the best looking too.

Any good fan on these twin cams should make a positive difference, well, except the "love Jugs", sorry but they are the ugliest things I've ever seen... again, subjective..

Good luck with your decision....

Old 10-18-2014, 01:27 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

after contemplating this for some time now (over a year), and then reading this thread to refresh my memory on the testing that others have done in another thread, I pulled the trigger on the Wards fans this morning. Even this morning I was receiving responses from Jason.. Customer service on a Saturday morning.. How cool was that! Oh and yeah he's a sponsor too..

Thanks Jason.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:44 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

dang Jason.. I ordered these fans on Saturday morning about 9AM. They were just put on my desk.. Good customer service and VERY quick shipping.. thank you sir.. now I have a project to keep me busy tonight while Pittsburg puts it on Houston.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:50 PM
Blowby
Road Captain
Received 167 Likes on 70 Posts

Been reading up on the options and finally ordered a set of FCS Wardspartswerks. Really hard to decide but the chrome / granite combo took the win.

Old 10-20-2014, 05:26 PM
$tonecold
Club Member
Received 1,729 Likes on 926 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
dang Jason.. I ordered these fans on Saturday morning about 9AM. They were just put on my desk.. Good customer service and VERY quick shipping.. thank you sir.. now I have a project to keep me busy tonight while Pittsburg puts it on Houston.
It won't take you anywhere close to that long. Very easy install on the FCS. It does take a while for the silicone to cure that holds the temp switch, probably overnight.

Old 10-20-2014, 05:29 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

oh I was done 15 minutes after I got home.. :-)

bike will stay parked overnight but rest assured on a 90° tomorrow I'll be testing it out.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:21 PM
dochawken
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh I was done 15 minutes after I got home.. :-)

bike will stay parked overnight but rest assured on a 90° tomorrow I'll be testing it out.
Am intrigued by these fans..is the installation really that uncomplicated or are you just very mechanically inclined?

Old 10-20-2014, 07:27 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member

I'm very mechanically inclined but I promise you, my 13 year old could have installed this in 15 minutes. There's nothing to it.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:36 PM
dochawken
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm very mechanically inclined but I promise you, my 13 year old could have installed this in 15 minutes. There's nothing to it.
I think you sold me...will call Jason tomorrow. Thanks for the input.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:57 PM
Ride my Seesaw
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,543 Likes on 726 Posts
Question

My only concern with WPW is that the fans are so small they appear to only cool down a small portion of the cylinder and head, mostly where the internal heat sensor is located. I'm worried that by directly cooling down the area around the heat sensor you're giving the EITMS a false sense that the whole top end is cooler than it really is. The Jim's fan appears to be a high speed, large CFM blower aimed between the cylinders, but lower than the heads. By using high volumes of air it seems it would cool a greater portion of the cylinder thus more evenly conducting heat away from the heads. I could be wrong, but I'm not a thermal engineer either.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jims force flow head cooler