Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

Welcome to HDForums.com!

P

Old 05-19-2012, 09:01 AM
One Of The Regulars
Default Andrews Cams for 2012 103 - 54H 57H

I started this topic in the "Cams - Where to start" thread (http://www.hdforums.com/forum/tourin...-to-start.html).

I've started a new thread because I'd like to narrow the topic of discussion to Andrews Cams for use in my 2012 103.

I have a 2012 Street Glide (103) and will be riding in the 2000 to 4000 (4500) rpm range. Not interested in winning any races. Just would like some bite when I twist the throttle between 2k and 4k.

I will be adding Roland Sands Clarity A/C, Fullsac X-Pipe, Monster Rounds, TTS Master Tune

My indie is suggesting the Andrews 54 or possibly the new 57. It doesn't seem like there is much info on the 57 that I could find. Not sure if it's even available yet. If anyone knows about 57 please chime in. He also mentioned the 37 but was more in favor of the others.

I would love to hear from anyone who has knowledge of the 54 or 57. Does anyone know how they might compare?

I would be interested to hear from those who have installed the 54 and their impressions. Have any of you installed the 54 and not been happy with it and if not, why.

Thanks guys.

dave

2012 Street Glide
S&S Stealth Air Cleaner
Fullsac head pipe/Monster Rounds
Trued and balanced crank
Ported and Polished heads
Andrews 57H cam

Last edited by dschock; 05-19-2012 at 11:58 AM..
Old 05-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Road Warrior

Check with "The Man" himself...
www.docsperformancetuning.com
He doesn't care for the 54. Know a dude runnin' them in a CVO... can't seem to get them dialed in "just right."

Doc can answer all you q's!
Old 05-19-2012, 10:49 AM
One Of The Regulars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav View Post
Check with "The Man" himself...
www.docsperformancetuning.com
He doesn't care for the 54. Know a dude runnin' them in a CVO... can't seem to get them dialed in "just right."

Doc can answer all you q's!
Doc (somebody named Doc) as tuned at least some 54s according to some user posts. Sorry I'm new. What is docs ID in this forum. I'd like to read some of his posts. Thanks.

2012 Street Glide
S&S Stealth Air Cleaner
Trued and balanced crank
Andrews 57H cam
Old 05-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Road Master

I'd consider the 54. Specs aren't too high IMHO. Had to do some searching for the specs on the 57: 46 intake close and 252 duration. Way too high for a street bagger in my opinion.

You need to learn what cam specs mean, and how they affect performance. It may take you a few weeks of intense reading if your starting from scratch, but you wouldn't have to ask such broad questions anymore.

You got some great suggestions in the other thread. I'd have my indy install MY cam choice, not his. Then again, I'd simply install my own cams also.

2008 FLHTP 103"
SE 203 Cams, Rush True Dual Headers, Klock Werks SS slip ons, S&S Air Filter, PCIII, SE Compensator, Oil Cooler, ABS, Sta-Bo's
Old 05-19-2012, 01:17 PM
One Of The Regulars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocezam View Post
I'd consider the 54. Specs aren't too high IMHO. Had to do some searching for the specs on the 57: 46 intake close and 252 duration. Way too high for a street bagger in my opinion.

You need to learn what cam specs mean, and how they affect performance. It may take you a few weeks of intense reading if your starting from scratch, but you wouldn't have to ask such broad questions anymore.

You got some great suggestions in the other thread. I'd have my indy install MY cam choice, not his. Then again, I'd simply install my own cams also.
Thanks ocezam. I was looking for specs and information on the 57 without much luck. Can you point me in that direction? I'm reading up on the topic. But I'm guessing that specs can say one thing and reality can be another. I'm hoping others with a similar ride can relay their experience.

2012 Street Glide
S&S Stealth Air Cleaner
Trued and balanced crank
Andrews 57H cam
Old 05-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschock View Post
Thanks ocezam. I was looking for specs and information on the 57 without much luck. Can you point me in that direction? I'm reading up on the topic. But I'm guessing that specs can say one thing and reality can be another. I'm hoping others with a similar ride can relay their experience.
The 57's are new and "technically" aren't out yet, due out in June from what I read.

If you're hell bent on Andrews cams look into the 48's too they work will in otherwise unmodified engines.

The 54's like more compression, so that's something to consider if you go that route.

There are many good cam choices for stock 103's you need to pick one that fits your riding style.

There's info on the 57's over on HTT, I'm not sure if it's against rules to link to other forums, so do a search over there or drop me a pm.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Club Member
Send a message via Yahoo to Lowcountry Joe

In the Andrews stable and your stated rpm band and otherwise stage I build, you need to look at the 26H or the 31H.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:52 PM
One Of The Regulars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire-Medic View Post
The 57's are new and "technically" aren't out yet, due out in June from what I read.

If you're hell bent on Andrews cams look into the 48's too they work will in otherwise unmodified engines.

The 54's like more compression, so that's something to consider if you go that route.

There are many good cam choices for stock 103's you need to pick one that fits your riding style.

There's info on the 57's over on HTT, I'm not sure if it's against rules to link to other forums, so do a search over there or drop me a pm.
Thanks Fire-Medic. I had to figure out what HTT was (LOL), but found it.

2012 Street Glide
S&S Stealth Air Cleaner
Trued and balanced crank
Andrews 57H cam
Old 05-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Road Warrior

The 57s are Andrews bolt in cam of choice for a stock 103. Ocezam found specs for the 50s not 57s, you can find the specs on Andrews web site or go to Big Boyz site & look up on there cam comparator, the 57s aren't listed but they have the same exact specs as the 37s, except the lift is .560 instead of .510. Specs: Int 18/38 Ex 46/14 236 240 .560 They are should work better than the 54s if you aren't going to bump the comp up a little, 54s like 9.8-10.2 the best.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:08 PM
One Of The Regulars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTTJGlide View Post
The 57s are Andrews bolt in cam of choice for a stock 103. Ocezam found specs for the 50s not 57s, you can find the specs on Andrews web site or go to Big Boyz site & look up on there cam comparator, the 57s aren't listed but they have the same exact specs as the 37s, except the lift is .560 instead of .510. Specs: Int 18/38 Ex 46/14 236 240 .560 They are should work better than the 54s if you aren't going to bump the comp up a little, 54s like 9.8-10.2 the best.
Thanks DTTJGlide. Great info on the Big Boyz site.

2012 Street Glide
S&S Stealth Air Cleaner
Trued and balanced crank
Andrews 57H cam
Old 05-19-2012, 02:08 PM

P

Tags
103, 2012, 26h, 57, 57h, andrews, cam, cams, camshaft, camshafts, compression, glide, harley, specs, street, streetglide