Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bagger wobble???

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 09:15 AM
Kilokato
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JRandall
Not trying to be a smart a$$ but your riding a touring bike, if you want to run 80-85 through turns your on the wrong bike.

Yeah but Jay is riding a Street Glide....Harley's Hot Rod Bagger....It should be set up for harder riding....I get that death wobble too at 80+ on sweeping bumpy curves usually on the interstate....I can see that on a bigger loaded up touring bike, but it shouldn't do that on the Street Glides.

Old 07-04-2012, 11:28 AM
jasontrucks76
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This topic is very interesting to me.... My 97 and 05 FLH models both gave me a wobble at highway speeds in the corners but my 2012 has never given me any concern what so ever. In fact that was kinda the straw that broke the camels back if you will when I pulled up at the HD dealer and traded off my last bike....

I was riding with a friend and when we pulled over he asked me what the heck was wrong with my bike as he was behind me and could see the wobble I was fighting. I had researched this topic to exhaustion and finally just gave up on it. I would find myself with the desire to ride but simply not willing to put up with the poor performance so I just did not ride much.

Now with the 2012 I have been so dam happy with the performance and handling I have put more miles on in the 10 months I've owned it than I did my last two bikes combined. (4 months of ridable weather)

I did have the rear shocks replaced with a stock road king shock right away as I felt the ride was better and I do not like the feel of a lowered bike in the rear. Not sure if that makes any difference or not but it works well for me. I would guess that by adding one or more of the after market components you have added has created the issue and you may be able to pin point what it is by reversing the installed parts. I know and get the fact that you are working towards a look that you want but if this is a real issue and you want to get to the bottom of it that may be one way to figure it out??? Either way I would say good luck and be careful! That wobble drove me absolutely crazy!

One thing both of my previous bikes had in common (Electra glide classic and Road King) was that I installed a seat that would set me back a few inches as I am 6'2"- 260#. I don't know if that changed they loading geometry enough to cause the issue or not????

If you do get to the bottom of the issue I would be grateful for a writeup on how and what you did.