Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traded two bikes for one

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 03:08 PM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Traded two bikes for one

New to the touring section here, and now as a passenger, not a rider of my own bike any more. Long story short, came to a decision to trade hubby's bike and my bike for one touring model bike and so we are the proud owners of a 2012 Road Glide. What a beautiful, comfortable bike!

Hubby needed to make a change in the style bike he's been riding, and was talking about maybe some day needing to make the switch back to a touring bike (He's had an E-Glide -without the nice back seat -and Road King before). This was after coming home from a long trip in total agony.(Gorgeous Fat Boy Lo, 16" apes, all customized - very sad to let go). I thought long and hard and told him that if we traded his bike AND my Heritage, we might be able to swing ONE touring bike. My one condition in giving up my bike was that it had to be something I could be 100% comfortable on. So we went looking, did some test rides of the Electra Glide and the Road Glide and decided on the Road Glide because he felt HE had more room on it over the E-Glide.

He is finally starting to recover from the pain he was in after the trip (it's taken 3 weeks!), and is getting used to and loving the Road Glide. (AND riding with a passenger again after 7 years!). And I have to tell you - although it's been sad and hard to give up riding my own (for now at least), I know I could sit for hours on the back of this bike and be fine. I have never, ever been on the back of such a smooth riding, comfortable bike. Maybe at some point I'll save up some money and get another relatively inexpensive used bike if I feel like tootling around town on my own. Or maybe not. I must say that what I feel I have given up in the sense of independence and perhaps sense of pride in riding my own I have gained in reconnecting with my hubby and sharing the ride more that we did with me following behind him. So thats a good thing.

But again - my main point was to say hi to the touring community here, and to give praises to the Road Glide. It's a gorgeous bike and a fantastic ride. (And we've gotten used to the fairing, lol). Oh yeah - and for two people who never thought we'd want or need music - well we are converts, totally won over. Finding it actually adds to the ride, not detract from it! My only problem is forgetting I'm on the back of a motorcyle and wanting to swing my arms and bop around. Oops!!

Last edited by June Bug; 06-20-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:24 PM
kmayHD
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome, Let see some pics of this new Shark!! (road glide)

Old 06-20-2012, 03:25 PM
glide2meetu
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the touring section. Love the music reference! Hope to see some good road trip pics in the road trip section.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:36 PM
TURQ
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats. Lots of fun two up on a dresser!

Old 06-20-2012, 04:38 PM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by KennyMay
Welcome, Let see some pics of this new Shark!! (road glide)
Here's "OUR" new baby (gee, still gotta get used to "our" vs "his" or "mine", lol! This was bone stock, 1st day we had it. We've added a few things of "bling" that we had on our previous bikes - derby cover, horn cover, plus bought a new fuel cap cover and air cleaner cover insert. Just got notified the rack for the tour pack is in AND .... the heated grips hubby ordered, lol!

Traded two bikes for one-road-glide-1.jpg

Old 06-20-2012, 05:28 PM
kmayHD
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Drat
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice ride!!! But then I guess I may be a little biased.....I added the adjustable drivers backrest. My wife said it did not get in her way at all. Just another piece to the puzzle. Enjoy the ride.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:56 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

You sound like a really wonderful person and a great wife! What a nice thing you did for your husband!

Welcome to the touring section.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:25 PM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts

nice RGU. Enjoy

Old 06-20-2012, 08:58 PM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Drat
Nice ride!!! But then I guess I may be a little biased.....I added the adjustable drivers backrest. My wife said it did not get in her way at all. Just another piece to the puzzle. Enjoy the ride.
Thanks - that's good to know.I've been thinking maybe of getting himone of those maybe for his birthday, but wondered if it would be in MY way. So it's good to hear that your wife isn't bothered by it!

Quick Reply: Traded two bikes for one