Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did it again

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 02:47 PM
plutnicki
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Did it again

Kept thinking I'm not gonna do the motor, I'm not going to do any mods to the motor, I'll wait until the winter, ... blah, blah...

Just ordered some 4" Jackpot slash ups, Intake and Power Vision from FuelMoto. Maybe do the headpipe this winter.

I made the mistake of letting a buddy ride my Street Glide the other week and riding his bike behind mine. Man, I just could not get the sound, specifically the lack thereof, out of my head. I just couldn't let it continue...

I need to get a vanity plate next year, something like MONEYPIT...

Old 07-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Dawgtraxx
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha... If i had a nickle for every time i said that, woulda paid for my power commander...at least

Old 07-11-2012, 10:21 AM
plutnicki
Road Master

Got all my parts yesterday, plan to take tomorrow morning off to install. Decided to do it during the week in case I have a question I can actually call FuelMoto, as opposed to waiting until the weekend.

If anyone has any tips or gotchas, please let me know. Otherwise, I plan to try to take a ton of pictures and some before/after videos so people can compare sound.

Thx!

Old 07-11-2012, 11:53 AM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts

Another one of us that made a 20 thousand dollar down payment on accessories.
Kris

Old 07-12-2012, 01:32 PM
plutnicki
Road Master

Got it done this am. Went pretty easy, made some dumb mistakes, but overall I got it done. Jackpots sound great. Intake looks decent ( I'm not quite sure I like running it open like I have it now), and the Power Vision was a piece of cake to install (once I found the diag port, which was buried under a mass of cables for my iPod controller).

Didn't even listen to music on the way home, just wanted to listen to the pipes...

Old 07-12-2012, 01:48 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Before & after sound vid's as promised? LOL! After the Rinehart TD's on my 07 for so many years, I kinda like the stock sound of the RG but think a bit lower tone and a slight increase in volume wouldn't be too bad!

Old 07-12-2012, 02:22 PM
RK Joy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you could squeeze "MONEYPIT" on a vanity I'll bet it would have been taken long ago. Most of us share the same affliction!

Old 07-12-2012, 02:41 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"Maybe do the headpipe this winter"

There you go again, back to that winter thing already and you haven't even made the first upgrade. Didn't I just hear someone say "I'll wait until the winter, ... blah, blah..."

You're getting better though, instead of waiting until winter, now you have I'll do it now and wait until winter. Your half way there.

Just picking on you a little. Sounds like a good plan. Make a sound clip and post it when you're done.

Last edited by jjnoble; 07-12-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:04 PM
plutnicki
Road Master

She sounds nice, I like it. Not super loud, but sounds like something, and something more when you get on her a bit. Plus I like the way the slash-up follows the lines of the bags.

I'll take a video soon...

This thing is crazy, but it's an addiction. Seriously, I need help!

Old 07-12-2012, 04:48 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by plutnicki
She sounds nice, I like it. Not super loud, but sounds like something, and something more when you get on her a bit. Plus I like the way the slash-up follows the lines of the bags.

I'll take a video soon...

This thing is crazy, but it's an addiction. Seriously, I need help!
I like the slash up's better also. Just got a set of brand new take offs from a 12 Road King Classic (slash up). Like I said, I'm good with the stock mufflers for right now.

Quick Reply: Did it again