Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some feedback on Danny Gray Big seat & C & C

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 08:41 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Need some feedback on Danny Gray Big seat & C & C

Ok guys after removing my tour pack and buffing out my rear fender where I had a few rub marks I'm ready for a new seat. I had narrowed it down to the Corbin Classic Solo, Danny Gray Big seat or a C & C. I have now eliminated Corbin because of another negative response I received on their customer service. I know C & C has the very best customer service and that keeps me strongly considering their seats. I am leaning toward their solo seat in leather with a backrest for my 2010 Ultra. The other seat I am very interested in is the Danny Gray Big seat with a backrest. I'm probably slightly leaning towards the Danny Gray. I spoke directly with them and they assured me the seat will sit lower than my stock Low seat. They priced the smooth leather Big seat for $399.00 and said I could purchase the backrest later for $259.00 if I wanted to. They suggested I try one of their distributors for a better price but J&P actually had the seat priced about $10.00 over the full retail price. The C & C solo in leather is real close in price to the Danny Gray. What I'm wondering is how low will the C & C sit compared to the stock Low seat. I ask the C & C fellows this question months ago and they couldn't answer the question. Again I know their customer service is second to none. Would like to hear from owners of both seats. As always I thank you for your comments.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:48 AM
bigdogx
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seats

i have c-c sport tour, wife loves it and i like it alot, c-c told me it sit 1 inch lower and 1 inch back, it has a nice back support, i put my stock seat on last night thought it might rain, damm what a difference i feel lost with it on. putting c-c back on tonight.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:21 AM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD
If I stand correct, I think you can order the C&C seats from Dr V-Twin.

Drew will set you stright, great customer service and the best price too!

Good Luck and Ride Safe,

YELLOWBIRD
Drew isn't there anymore. Went to Hogpro I believe. I think the other guy I've talked to there that is cool and knowledgeable is Sean?

Old 07-03-2012, 07:22 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

If I stand correct, I think you can order the C&C seats from Dr V-Twin.

Drew will set you stright, great customer service and the best price too!

Good Luck and Ride Safe,

YELLOWBIRD

Old 07-03-2012, 08:44 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,179 Likes on 2,450 Posts

i ordered the danny grey big seat from hornytoad hd. jon.horton@hornytoadhd.com

got a great price on the seat and the backrest.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:18 AM
rhino738
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put a C&C solo with backrest on my Electra Glide Standard. Seat pushes me back and down considerably. I now have to really reach for the bars, but not necessarily in a bad way. Personally, I would rather be an inch closer than I am now, but the comfort of the seat outweighs any desire to try and tweak it. The backrest is a very nice addition. I choose the vinyl seat over the leather and paid around $450 for the entire set up. Had the seat in less than a week from the day I ordered it.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:42 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Would you happen to have any pictures ? Thanks

Old 07-03-2012, 10:59 PM
FastBagger07
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a DG Big Seat on my '09 FLTR.I dont have a backrest and I dont know if it would make a difference.In my experience with it , it's about a 3hr.seat and my arce has had it.Some people tell me it needs to be broke in I have about 2k miles on it .It's not getting anymore comfortable,but I'm going to give it alittle more time.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:04 PM
porkchopsd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had Danny Grey recover my stock seat in a tabacco colored, buffalo hide, they also did a drivers back rest and passenger pad came out great and I love it. Customer service, second to none, Sherry is outstanding. I went up to the shop talked over the job about a month later got the seat. Was in Wyoming and an old time saddle maker said I had know idea how hard that seat was to make, top quality. I would go with Danny Gray.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:00 AM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member
Received 574 Likes on 304 Posts

C&C on my '07 Ultra. It sits maybe an inch lower and an inch back from the stock 2 up seat. I love the look of the Osterich inlay. Oh and yes it is comfortable. Maybe a bit wider than the stock seat but still comfortable. I don't know about comparing a Danny Gray, never been on one.

Attached Thumbnails Need some feedback on Danny Gray Big seat & C & C-before.jpg   Need some feedback on Danny Gray Big seat & C & C-after.jpg   Need some feedback on Danny Gray Big seat & C & C-1.jpg