Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

P

Old 07-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Default 2012 Road Glide Lighting

My buddy just picked up his 2012 RG yesterday.

It was until we got home that we notice his rear trilight wasn't working, and now today I pull up and see his brake/tail lamp is on all the time with the switch in accessory position. This is a canadian bike so it still has the brake/tail light plus the trilight. Anyone have some suggestions/easy fixes? Brake light, signal lights work fine.

Obviously a trip back to the dealer would be the first solution but it's a 2 hour ride for us so if we can solve it all the better.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Hang Around
Default RG Trilight

A Canada rider with a 2011 RG told me Canadian models have trilight disconnected because the authorities thought it was "confusing" to other drivers/riders. Funny, huh?
Old 08-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Cool 2012 Ride Glide Tri-light

I'm also a new buyer of the RG. Sold my 07 Train and made the leap. i was informed that in Canada the tri-light is disconnected. The light is there, the wiring is there, but the dealers here tell me if it was hooked up it will cause problems with other lighting and will be a pain to correct. My issue with my new Glide is the recalled voltage regulator that they knew about but failed to tell me about, and also told me they were not available as of yet with an estimated date of arrival of September, and so my rides been parked for the last 2 weeks. The good news is they called today and have one for me, and now i have to make the 140 km. one way trip with the battery & engine light on to get it replaced....i guess that's good news......?
Old 08-22-2012, 07:22 PM

I guess that means my 09 Streetglide with a working tri-light is a dangerous hazard on the road, time to upgrade. I wonder what nameless bureaucrat in Ottawa came up with this idea to justify his job.

At least it's some comfort that it isn't a defect. There is this thread about getting the tri-light to work:

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/tourin...e-led-mod.html

Anyone know why the taillight stays on in accessory mode? Seems like an unnecessary battery drain.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Elite HDF Member

Where are you in Ontario?
06' Road Glide - SE 103", SE Six speed, Rinehart Slip-Ons with Bub True Duals, HD Numbered Paint Set, Street Glide Rear Fender, Heated Seat, Heat Demons,Hog Tunes with Tweeter Pod, Chrome Front End including Chrome Calipers and Braided Lines and lots of other Shiny Stuff
Old 08-22-2012, 07:48 PM

P