Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LRS 6" ultra recurve shield

Old 07-09-2012, 10:53 AM
kfstreetglide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LRS 6" ultra recurve shield

I am thinking about buying a 6" ultra recurve shield for my streetglide and was wondering if anybody has pictures of this shield on a bike?

Old 07-09-2012, 11:23 AM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

We have lots on our facebook of customer bikes if you want to look. It would take a lot of links to link all them : )

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 07-09-2012, 12:06 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

This is a 6" on my Street Glide .......

Attached Thumbnails LRS 6" ultra recurve shield-a-front-reduced.jpg   LRS 6" ultra recurve shield-a-left-side-reduced.jpg   LRS 6" ultra recurve shield-a-rear-reduced.jpg   LRS 6" ultra recurve shield-a-right-side-reduced.jpg  
Old 07-09-2012, 12:11 PM
buggin02
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine is the LRS 10" Ultra and I love it.

Old 07-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Glide'nTony
Novice

I just ordered my LRS 10 minutes ago for my SG. I got the 6" ultra in dark tint.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:02 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 74 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Glide'nTony
I just ordered my LRS 10 minutes ago for my SG. I got the 6" ultra in dark tint.
I think you'll love it. Let us know what you think when you get it!

Old 07-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Glide'nTony
Novice

Just rode home from work this morning on the highway for the first time with my new LRS shield. Gotta say, I love it! My exhaust is louder/better sounding and the radio has a cleaner sound to it. Very little buffeting now.

Old 07-14-2012, 04:40 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Glide'nTony
Just rode home from work this morning on the highway for the first time with my new LRS shield. Gotta say, I love it! My exhaust is louder/better sounding and the radio has a cleaner sound to it. Very little buffeting now.
I was thinking of going this route as well. As cool as the 4" one on my street glide is it just doesnt do anything for wind. I was thinking of 6,8, or 10" recurve from LRS. Now Tony you got the 6"? How tall are you. When sitting on the bike you still over it, right. Does the recurve really work well. The stock 4" one makes my head itch with all the buffiting. I just dont want to buy 3 windshields to find the one that works. Tony also you say you got the dark tint. How does it compaire to a stock street glide shield in color. Can you see through it in the dark?

Old 07-14-2012, 04:47 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pontiac69
I was thinking of going this route as well. As cool as the 4" one on my street glide is it just doesnt do anything for wind. I was thinking of 6,8, or 10" recurve from LRS. Now Tony you got the 6"? How tall are you. When sitting on the bike you still over it, right. Does the recurve really work well. The stock 4" one makes my head itch with all the buffiting. I just dont want to buy 3 windshields to find the one that works. Tony also you say you got the dark tint. How does it compaire to a stock street glide shield in color. Can you see through it in the dark?
For reference, I am 6' with a 31" inseam and have my seat lowered 1 1/2". I ran the 6" for quite a while and the wind hit me just at the top of the forehead, no issues there and I easily look over the shield. I wanted just a little higher envelope and I went 7", both I and my passenger love it, it works out perfectly, dry air and rain. I went with the medium tint, easy enough to see through in the day, alittle dark at night but I don't notice, I am always looking over the top.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:17 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by frog13
For reference, I am 6' with a 31" inseam and have my seat lowered 1 1/2". I ran the 6" for quite a while and the wind hit me just at the top of the forehead, no issues there and I easily look over the shield. I wanted just a little higher envelope and I went 7", both I and my passenger love it, it works out perfectly, dry air and rain. I went with the medium tint, easy enough to see through in the day, alittle dark at night but I don't notice, I am always looking over the top.
You say got the medium tint. How does it compaire in color to a stock street glide shield?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LRS 6" ultra recurve shield